#2 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,469 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 03:24 PM

ring the bells! Buy buy buy! 

The ST low is in place, ride this rally to the 200ma

or be prepared to be stopped out @ SPX 2695

Interesting, I'm thinking the same as long as Powell becomes a dove tonight, thats my worry!!!

#3 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,187 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 03:50 PM

My theory is he will try to be less hawkish than he has been without sounding as if he has changed his tone.... which means

he will be more dovish or at least just as dovish.

The main problem for the market has been the inconsistencies from the White House: today, Larry Kudlow gave a public tongue-lashing to Peter Navarro who was basically told to STFU.  There has to be a more nuanced and skillful message coming from the WH, and especially from the President. 

Edited by dTraderB, 14 November 2018 - 03:51 PM.

#4 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,187 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 03:54 PM

Last trade for me today: 3-lots NQ short

White House curtails Trump trade advisor Peter Navarro's public role as Larry Kudlow rips him for comments on China talks
  • The Trump administration has deliberately curtailed trade advisor Peter Navarro's public role amid tensions with top economic advisor Larry Kudlow, a source said.
  • Kudlow criticized Navarro's comments on ongoing trade negotiations with China.
  • President Donald Trump plans to meet with Chinese President Xi Jinping this month amid a trade war.

https://www.cnbc.com...rry-kudlow.html

#5 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,469 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 03:54 PM

My theory is he will try to be less hawkish than he has been without sounding as if he has changed his tone.... which means

he will be more dovish or at least just as dovish.

The main problem for the market has been the inconsistencies from the White House: today, Larry Kudlow gave a public tongue-lashing to Peter Navarro who was basically told to STFU.  There has to be a more nuanced and skillful message coming from the WH, and especially from the President. 

The market used to love all of Trumps comments because it was difference and now everyone fears his comments when he opens his mouth lol!!  I wish they would all just shut up for awhile lol!!  Totally agree about Powell though!!!

#6 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 05:58 PM

The market used to love all of Trumps comments because it was difference and now everyone fears his comments when he opens his mouth lol!!  I wish they would all just shut up for awhile lol!!  Totally agree about Powell though!!!

It amazes that people refuse to observe clues as big as the Grand Canyon. Nov 9th 2016 morning the Bull awakened with gusto and kept going and going for 40%+ gain. Nov 6th 2018 was another election day and Bears began growling soon after. Just observe results of elections, it is the best indicator of market direction.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#7 ryanoo

ryanoo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 660 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 06:03 PM

Nov 2018 election result would prolong the bull market.

#8 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 09:42 PM

Nov 2018 election result would prolong the bull market.

SPX is down 110 points since election, Dow down 1170 points since election. 

Nasdaq down 434 points since election. But you see the election was bullish? Okay Dokie.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#9 ryanoo

ryanoo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 660 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 11:00 PM

It dropped a lot going into election, with low at end of October.

Before and after election in Nov was not much in comparison.

BTW, did you say the late 1990s market was thanks to Clinton?

Regardless of whoever in the WH, market will do whatever it needs to.

#10 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,187 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 07:56 AM

BREXIT rumblings threaten global markets.....

Sterling plunges as key ministers quit in protest at Brexit deal
  • Sterling plunged to $1.2833 from around $1.2994 at around 9:00 a.m. London time, following news of Raab's resignation. The currency had a volatile overnight session driven by uncertainties surrounding the fate of May's draft Brexit deal in the U.K. Parliament.
  • By 10:20 a.m. London time, sterling was down by nearly 2 percent, trading at $1.2752.
  • May told the U.K. Parliament Thursday that Britain can either choose to leave with no deal, risk not having a Brexit at all, or choose to unite and support the best deal that could be negotiated

https://www.cnbc.com...ab-resigns.html