The price of climate change

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 03:04 PM

This is what happens when you burn down Paradise.  Down another 30% today on its fall from 30 to 17.

The Camp Fire is still not contained and battle now is for Oroville.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#2 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,010 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 03:21 PM

Well, no. That's the price of stupid environmental policy. As much as I'd like to say, "SEE?!?!?" I really hate that this is happening.

M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#3 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 03:34 PM

#4 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 04:34 PM

Well, no. That's the price of stupid environmental policy. As much as I'd like to say, "SEE?!?!?" I really hate that this is happening.

Yes...the last several years have been a direct result of nearly 50 years of failed environmental policy.

Climates don't change but they do go though cyclical periods of slight modulation due to forces that no animal on the planet can effect.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#5 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 05:15 PM

Might want to take a look at the preferred stocks...no matter how much the liability for the fire, it's not like the company is going away.

Edited by diogenes227, 15 November 2018 - 05:16 PM.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#6 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,010 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 05:16 PM

Well, you can only say "failed" if you know the intent. If the intent was to line the pockets of a bunch of climate grifters, rent seekers, and international elitists at the expense of the the worlds poorest and much of our "fat middle" then it has been a resounding success, at least over the past 20-30 years!

:lol:

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#7 ryanoo

ryanoo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 660 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 05:26 PM

its both.  strong wind and dry weather is climate; forest management is gov policy. its both.

#8 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 09:12 PM

its both.  strong wind and dry weather is climate; forest management is gov policy. its both.

Strong winds and dry weather is just that...weather.

Weather is created by the climate of a region based on factors to great to be altered or even manipulated.

Forest management, or the lack thereof, goes back to the environmentalists of the 1960's and 1970's who thought we should allow nature to "do her thing".

Lack of water leads to leaf and pine needles dropping...trees take up a lot of water...take away the water, they die...allow too many trees to grow, and this just exasperates the problem.

It's called failed conservation management....and politicians own this especially the current leader of the club who spews that "we have to get used to this".

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#9 Lysis

Lysis

• Traders-Talk User
  • 458 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 09:35 PM

Power lines should be buried, especially in drought stricken regions.  PG&E has been on the hook for wildfire damages in the past caused by things like arcing.  Rather than spending the money to do so, they've chosen to buy insurance policies and chance it out that events like the Camp Fire won't occur.  Zero sympathy here.

#10 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 10:22 PM

You all may want to look into the U.N.s (NWO) agenda 21 and for their plans for California and the rest of the US.   Look up fires of California and agenda 21.  Just about every country signed it (including US) back in early 90's. You may not like what you find down that rabbit hole.

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.