"FANG" Death Cross

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 12:16 AM

GOLD suffered a 50/200 sma death cross in late June around $1270 and dropped as low as $1170 by mid August, now at $1220.

From CNBC: 

Facebook, Netflix and Alphabet charts are now in death crosses, which could signal more selling

"Facebook, Netflix and Google parent Alphabet seeing their 50-day moving averages cross below their 200-day moving averages.
Facebook was first to do so, in September. Netflix and Alphabet shares hit it last week, and Amazon isn't far off."

"Every major decline starts with a death cross. But the thing is, not every death cross leads to a major decline."

#2 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 07:44 AM

"Every major decline starts with a death cross. But the thing is, not every death cross leads to a major decline."

"An economist is someone who sees something happen, and then wonders if it would work in theory" - Ronald Reagan

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#3 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,020 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 12:28 PM

LOL!!!

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#4 Data

Data

• Validating
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 02:29 PM

I don't yet have a 50-200 crossover on the FANGMAN aggregate but it's not far off.   It is now pretty extended from the 50-day and 200-day moving averages at roughly 16 below, but it did the same during its bull market.   During the long uptrend, the deviation from the 50-day moving average got as high as 15 percent while the 200-day m.a. variance extended to as much as 28 percent.  

#5 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 05:46 AM

racketeering monopolies, darpa and cia are being broken up.

it more depends on actually producing something in the future plus a lot of other headwinds such as 

property tax pension collapse, ice age, fundamental capitalism meritocracy with actual work. Everything they know about communism is over, 4th turning.

And the worst part is they know nothing else outside the asylum. 6-9 point IQ crash, lowest college entrance scores ever recorded, useless eaters.

Not good for those that never developed a producing skill set to bridge over the communist years.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan