911 replies to this topic

#271 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 03:36 PM

did Chesepeake bottom?

wrong thread?

i too find it difficult to translate what dougie is talking about !!??? maybe chesapeake gold !

dharma

#272 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,998 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 01:35 AM

Yes dharma

#273 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 604 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:01 AM

gold-silver-tear-down-that-wall-jan-15.j

#274 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:21 AM

Thanks Jabat keep 'em coming.

The resistance in the above gold chart is exactly 1301 for today and for a week on Friday, i.e. Jan 25th, it is 1299.

#275 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,900 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 09:55 AM

NEM at the early morning low just below 31.40 came with pennies of the rally from last yrs low for the year and decline from 2016 high to the recent peak just above 35, now up on the day and back near 31.90, that "might" have been the low, we see

Senor

#276 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 10:46 AM

the mining sector is strong nem is one of the largest components in the sector it was down 9% yesterday on the takeover news., gdx was down but not much when you consider nems loss. i believe barrick (gold) and nem takeovers are showing investors there is value in the sector. all the years of bear market, companies got lean and mean  higher prices of gold = more profits for the miners.  the low in august of 1163 for gold , since that time we have rallied 140 and not much of a  correction so far. i look for the consolidation to end this week.  now consider corporate earnings are going to be squeezed at a time of rising gold prices and miners will be making more prifits. i look for institutional money to come into the sector.  https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/15/goldman-sachs-predicts-no-recession-in-2019-but-sees-a-pretty-sharp-slowdown.html plusstagflation will be present in 2019

dharma

Edited by dharma, 15 January 2019 - 10:48 AM.

#277 goldfungus

goldfungus

• Traders-Talk User
  • 538 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:43 AM

NEM at the early morning low just below 31.40 came with pennies of the rally from last yrs low for the year and decline from 2016 high to the recent peak just above 35, now up on the day and back near 31.90, that "might" have been the low, we see

Senor

I like it. Just bought some. If Newcrest outbids them for GG you'll get a quick 10%. If not, you will still make money. Just might take a little longer.

#278 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25,905 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 01:45 PM

Looks like very important pivot now set on GDX for longer term....

Bears won that battle...

IF/WHEN GDX closes back above 21, that will likely be the time to get seriously bulled up.

In the mean time, that break on NEM looks no bueno, as it reclaims the underside of the 900 day MA after being GGed at the 200 day MA

and GDX likely to struggle until NEM can clear 35....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#279 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 02:32 PM

nem is a large % of the gdx.  nem will have to get some mojo before the gdx can look bullish again. i tried to allude to that in my previous post.nem had huge volume yesterday.

gold fungus is this hope that newcrest gets involved, or have you read something?

i am patiently waiting to add. i have my targets.  just wondering if pvg is also a target it has these periodic beatings. in spite of them beating estimates????

dharma

Edited by dharma, 15 January 2019 - 02:36 PM.

#280 goldfungus

goldfungus

• Traders-Talk User
  • 538 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 04:58 PM

nem is a large % of the gdx.  nem will have to get some mojo before the gdx can look bullish again. i tried to allude to that in my previous post.nem had huge volume yesterday.

gold fungus is this hope that newcrest gets involved, or have you read something?

i am patiently waiting to add. i have my targets.  just wondering if pvg is also a target it has these periodic beatings. in spite of them beating estimates????

dharma

The people that I follow named Newcrest and Newmont as most likely suitors weeks ago. And said Newcrest is still interested, fwiw. Because of all the problems around PVG I think it's likely that they have to sort things out first. My guess is that they will be bought from much higher levels because of that.