Posted 04 December 2018 - 12:46 PM

volume not threeish so far but amittedly early days

#42 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,937 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 01:11 PM

volume not threeish so far but amittedly early days

lot of potential tree shaking to sow doubt and cause folks to bail on longs or short, lets see if they can close some of this miner stuff/metals at or near session highs, KL chugs on and now at expected 22.30 target/next resistance area and WDOFF showin some signs of life, interesting session. I am not married to the upside but so far see nothing to cause me to exit longs as upside gets "benefit of doubt" but flexibility remains the key for any trader

Senor

Edited by senorBS, 04 December 2018 - 01:13 PM.

#43 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,039 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 01:17 PM

yeah well at my age, flexibility is easier said than done

#44 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,937 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 01:51 PM

yeah well at my age, flexibility is easier said than done

Yeah I hear ya! miner weakness here IMO is all about 700 pt Dow drop, yields are collapsing today - quality miners like KL-AEM-NEM staying strong and at/near session highs, weaker stuff (tax selling affected as well) having a much tougher time staying positive, my dos centavos

Senor

#45 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,937 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:18 PM

miners weakened on 800 pt Dow decline, still think the upside has a decent chance here but did pare back somehwat to about 45% long, still have yet to break upside resistance in most miner stuff and silver retreated from 14.60-14.65 resistance, as usual not making it easy here. Lots of volatility in stock market and yields cratered

Senor 

#46 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 11:07 PM

I also reduced longs; gold has to get over spot 1244, I'm happy to clamber back on board.

#47 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,039 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 12:59 AM

still and yet that is one positive divergence today. massive sell off in braods with miners holding up?

#48 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,937 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 10:55 AM

still and yet that is one positive divergence today. massive sell off in braods with miners holding up?

I am still constructive in this sea of volatile markets - IMO that creates opportunity. Take a look at how well the quality miner names like NEM-AEM-KL fared yesterday, IMO that is very important and likely bullish. However, crappier stuff (a lot of miner are here) that have had awful yrs remain weak and subject to bouts of tax selling as we are in December - all part of the "bottoming process IMO. 

Senor

#49 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 12:18 PM

broad market closed today

while i am leaning bullish , the bear case is very much a viable alternative. december has provided lows in gold , which may have occurred, the past couple of years. i too see the  1-2,i-ii possibility its there.  the stealth move continues . even yesterday w/the broad market taking it on the chin. bond yields are flattening . stagflation is on the horizon. i see the bull era for gold developing . w/the bse exchange open for biz in india, yesterday was historic https://www.dsij.in/...ilver-Contracts

then you have one of the most reputable and largest fund managers on the planet  warning: https://www.poundste...under-ray-dalio

nero continues to fiddle but those w/eyes see the dominoes falling into place.  . during the 0 interest rate period the size of government ballooned and so did the debt

the piper will be paid

got gold?

dharma

#50 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:16 PM

these charts express to me why the stock market did what it did since 09https://www.yardeni.com/pub/peacockfedecbassets.pdf?fbclid=IwAR1Njw3CeTGwbx_ZtlERM63XYXxb1Ax8nP-gMWhnu6-NtvuzPKGa0Ta25EY qe from the cbs , buy back programs from the elite and voila its game on 

now that the fed has switched gears  and gone to qt and reducing its balance sheet where does that leave us? well , when the market sees the end of rate hikes the dollar will feel the pressure  . gs is late to the party https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-11-30/as-fed-rethinks-path-for-rates-gold-s-poised-to-rally-in-2019?fbclid=IwAR2FNDV199agD0RT1mU3_xyuhUALz0s9F70zfdhTVDHqZIfXw79frw9GlwA  but maybe not their former president john thonton is ceo of abx so is gs now abx???  i look for 19  to be a better year for the splattered bugs , if russia/china is any indication , they have been dedollarization and buying gold

enough for now

dharma