• Please log in to reply
911 replies to this topic

#871 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 09:31 AM

well looking at this stuff we should bottom here

there are just no squiggles left so we should see a bottom by wed of next week at the latest

just my take i am not holding my breath i need to see a very strong rally soon to get me excited

agree, would be nice to see some miner strength with flattish gold/silver after yesterday's late day reversal. Some stuff made marginal; new lows down for the move this morning and most ETFs/indices did not. Been perusing most of the miner/gold ratio (and silver as well) and they are extremely oversold with one or two divergences, similar set up seen at most impt bottoms of the past several years, makes we wonder if yesterday was a final "shakeout"? as always DYODD

Senor

Edited by senorBS, 24 May 2019 - 09:33 AM.

#872 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 09:40 AM

too many looking north?

Too many looking for a final drop and then the blastoff, IMHO  To me it is now looking like a small-to-medium sized counter-trend-rally up for a couple of weeks - followed by a final divergent bottom, FWIW dougie

that works for me

That looks to be captainEwave's view

nice early pre-market action, really liking that CEF chart for a possible wave 2 bottom, DXY sentiment in high 80's and silver/gold low to mid 20's. Have seen metals in single digits but this is a low as they have been for quite a while. Key is whether this is just a bounce or something more tangible. we are certainly oversold enough and have really capitulated is some miner areas for a big time low, stock market also looks ripe for a 10% plus fall, we see

Senor

was that a 5th wave exhaustion gap in UUP with the up opening to new highs and current reversal underway?

Senor

DXY appears to have put in a double top and has trends for a low into next winter. 

UUP continues lower after yesterday's potential exhaustion gap up and sharp reversal, very interesting action

Senor

#873 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 09:47 AM

Silver sentiment chart, could go lower of course but showing lots of bearishness

https://kingworldnew...ound-in-prices/

#874 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,614 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 10:54 AM

miners appear skeptical about the gold rally, they will respond w/higher gold prices

meanwhile db makes new lows severely oversold in 09 it was in the 20s now it is 7 and change. something wrong?

dollar looks toppy! bottoming process can be confusing and never ending sh

and yet there are these mountains of debt which will never be paid!

i like for an end to the weak season to usher in a large rally

stay tuned

dharma

#875 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 12:24 PM

miners appear skeptical about the gold rally, they will respond w/higher gold prices

meanwhile db makes new lows severely oversold in 09 it was in the 20s now it is 7 and change. something wrong?

dollar looks toppy! bottoming process can be confusing and never ending sh

and yet there are these mountains of debt which will never be paid!

i like for an end to the weak season to usher in a large rally

stay tuned

dharma

UUP making more new near term lows today after yesterdays potential exhaustion gap new high and sharp intraday reversal, "could" be a key top and sentiment is in high 80's and this week was a third WEEKLY bearish divergence going back to last Augusts momentum high, that's what is giving metals a decent bid here IMO, also this latest weakness right now looks like 5 down hourly "worse case", we see

#876 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,614 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 03:01 PM

cots

http://news.goldseek.../1558726690.php

the bait decided to sell gold longs and added to their short position. they now see the light

the sharks added to longs and dumped a significant amount of shorts

in silver the bait sold longs and added significantly to their shorts

while the commercials bought longs and diminished shorts to be near balanced while the bait is significantly short silver

the commercials are lopsided short the dollar and have been for quite some time, their deep pockets didnt flinch as the

dollar soared.now the dollar may have entered turbulent waters. so we see how the participants respond

dharma

#877 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,614 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 09:56 AM

new lows for db"the derivative king"   where there is smoke there is fire

china cannot win a trade war w/the usa. we import about 500 billion from china,they import 150 billion from the usa. (the usa has a 350billion deficit , it comes from trading w/cina). so raising tariffs will be a losing battle for china.  

dharma

#878 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 09:59 AM

pretty good miner action vs weak gold/silver, are the miners finally sold out "enough"? Pretty darn blasted IMO. would like to see a good rally outta here

also 10 and 30 yr rates at lowest levels since late Dec 2017

Senor

Edited by senorBS, 28 May 2019 - 10:00 AM.

#879 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 11:41 AM

There is a strong seasonal peak late May nearly every year and it looks like we are in the grip of it. The pattern usually lasts for a week or two, if it controls here.

I don't like silver breaking its 78.6% retrace at around spot 14.39.

Edited by Smithy, 28 May 2019 - 11:43 AM.

#880 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 12:57 PM

Gold may not reach a support low until July is what I am seeing indications of now.... 

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/