Is the Great Bull Market over? Could be that today is the Turning point

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,161 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 01:49 PM

Enjoying this market today, up & down, SHORT and LONG, with just enough range to trade 4-lot NQ positions  (2-1-1)

But, I am noticing more selling and it smells bearish:

IF SPX closes down today (below Friday's close) then the Great Bull Market is over and the Bear is back in town for an extended period.

IF SPX closes more than 1% below today's high then the markets will resume downtrend that was persistent in October & November. 

#2 RagingSpartan

RagingSpartan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 558 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 02:00 PM

The crash window closed weeks ago. I don't see any large moves in the short term. Lots of chop both up and down. But, make no mistake, we are in a bear market. Supply and demand is pointing south. Patience is required.

#3 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 02:25 PM

DB wanted to first thank you for your post I enjoy them very much. 

I was sitting here thinking about what would be a real nasty move.  To leave the gap open and rally into Thursday when powel reverses the words, afer seeing the market rocket up.  We probably would see something pretty amazing and rare.  Going a bit south.  I doubt that the bad part would not happen until January but who knows. 

It would not surprise me to see es close right about where we did in Nov. around the 2756  area.  Hard to imagine not getting over the 2818 even briefly but again who knows.

Edited by zoropb, 03 December 2018 - 02:26 PM.

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#4 blustar

blustar

blustar

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,174 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 02:51 PM

My cycle/wave work says today is a top.  Lower into Dec 14

Blessings,

blu

BluStar Market Insights Subscriptions

#5 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 02:56 PM

I have my cycle wave at a top also, but we shall see, it is one of many signals, and I believe due to all the bearishness out there downside is limited...

Barry

#6 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,161 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 03:29 PM

DB wanted to first thank you for your post I enjoy them very much. 

I was sitting here thinking about what would be a real nasty move.  To leave the gap open and rally into Thursday when powel reverses the words, afer seeing the market rocket up.  We probably would see something pretty amazing and rare.  Going a bit south.  I doubt that the bad part would not happen until January but who knows. 

It would not surprise me to see es close right about where we did in Nov. around the 2756  area.  Hard to imagine not getting over the 2818 even briefly but again who knows.

Thanks, Z, I learn a lot from your posts, during the past many years.

When a market does not go up on two very bullish piece of news then one has to wonder if it does not want to go up and the easiest path is down

Also, the selling today does not look like retail traders

And, the algo traders usually buy the intraday dips but have they programmed it now to sell the intraday rallies?

Of course, all this could be mere speculation and the market may be resting for a a session or two before resuming last week's rally

Edited by dTraderB, 03 December 2018 - 03:29 PM.

#7 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 04:17 PM

u guys   lol      watch the sky eh

#8 Rich

Rich

• Traders-Talk User
  • 761 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 04:44 PM

I expect we will close higher tomorrow (Tuesday).

Rich

#9 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,999 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 05:23 PM

The Doji candlestick on the SPX daily not looking good for tomorrow...............

#10 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,161 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 07:00 PM

Great Consternation in the BOND world:

The flattening yield curve just produced its first inversion
Bond Buyer-4 hours ago
The flattening yield curve just produced its first inversion ... One section of the U.S. Treasuries yield curve just inverted for the first time in more ...
The US Yield Curve Just Inverted. That's Huge.
Bloomberg-5 hours ago
Rate strategists have long said that being close doesn't cut it when talking about an inverted yield curve and the well-known economic ...