• 10,787 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 01:00 PM

Buy signal confirmed.

#2 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 01:16 PM

We got the 10 point retrace, now should follow through, bought AAPL at the bottom, breakeven stop on that.

Also bought TZA shares and hedged out to July with puts. Long term position.

#3 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 01:55 PM

They went for almost 20 points retrace, that's max pain and usually stops it if the signal is good, and it did.

#4 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:07 PM

Volume sell, shorted AAPL for tomorrow.

#5 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:44 PM

So far the volume sell is a bad signal, hourly buy still on.

#6 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:47 PM

Let's see how it ends up...   Looks like they are shaking up the Bears and the Bulls...   My charts have not confirmation about which way the market is going to go, but with all the bearish news, we should be close to a bottom here.

#7 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 06:29 PM

I messed up and bought out of the money off the low with a week left, doesn't work too good, QQQ was up 300%

vs. AAPL 50%, should have bought QQQ. Well I shorted AAPL just off 2800, I covered too early for a double, it was up 

600% today had I held. I think I just make too many barely off mistakes that add up to nothing. You can't predict the future or how far something will move after you take a position and especially I don't like carrying a gain overnight, to wake up to a possible 50% drawdown instead.

I read the tape perfectly today, but I bought the wrong instrument and expiration date, strike. You can get by with otm puts after a big rally,

but for longs go itm same day next day expo. I know all this but often times I want the cheap contract with more time to make up for mistakes.

doesn't work.

Futures, cash, options, it's all the same in day trading, you better know how to time the market or you will lose on any and all of the three.

#8 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 06:38 PM

Also, I felt I had to short also because of the volume signal, rare whipsaw but usually only happens on up moves, I should have just closed the long out. Nothing is 100%, but those are at least 80-90%, happened to hit a loser on that today, but the hourly buy is up 30 points from signal, no whipsaw there. Maybe we just chop sideways for another 3-4 months in 150 point swings, I'm tired of it really, rather trend to new highs or go to 2016 lows. 

Edited by CLK, 06 December 2018 - 06:39 PM.

#9 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,554 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 08:25 AM

I messed up and bought out of the money off the low with a week left, doesn't work too good, QQQ was up 300%

vs. AAPL 50%, should have bought QQQ. Well I shorted AAPL just off 2800, I covered too early for a double, it was up 

600% today had I held. I think I just make too many barely off mistakes that add up to nothing. You can't predict the future or how far something will move after you take a position and especially I don't like carrying a gain overnight, to wake up to a possible 50% drawdown instead.

I read the tape perfectly today, but I bought the wrong instrument and expiration date, strike. You can get by with otm puts after a big rally,

but for longs go itm same day next day expo. I know all this but often times I want the cheap contract with more time to make up for mistakes.

doesn't work.

Futures, cash, options, it's all the same in day trading, you better know how to time the market or you will lose on any and all of the three.

This is one of the reasons I prefer to sell options cause even if your wrong the time premium will help you out.  Have been experimenting with the weekly option expirations as I can't believe how much premium is in them.  Been harder to trade them the past couple weeks with the swings we've been seeing unless your on the right side of course lol but they are quite profitable overall.

Edited by 12SPX, 07 December 2018 - 08:25 AM.

#10 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 09:19 AM

doesn't work.

This is one of the reasons I prefer to sell options cause even if your wrong the time premium will help you out.  Have been experimenting with the weekly option expirations as I can't believe how much premium is in them.  Been harder to trade them the past couple weeks with the swings we've been seeing unless your on the right side of course lol but they are quite profitable overall.

How often are you assigned on a position ?  The funding requirements for level 3 or 4 is not that bad, but if you get assigned and you don't have the money you are in trouble.