Bear Update

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RagingSpartan

RagingSpartan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 558 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 03:19 PM

Notice the weakness is small caps. Telling.

#2 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 04:07 PM

Noticed that...  Small caps should be leading a market upswing and they are not.    It does not bode well for a market bottom at the moment...

#3 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 06:29 PM

The most interest rate sensitive stocks, waiting for the Fed., then we'll see. (JMHO)

#4 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 06:41 PM

Noticed that...  Small caps should be leading a market upswing and they are not.    It does not bode well for a market bottom at the moment...

Secondary issues that trade on the NASDAQ, Small Caps and MID Caps (in that order) are the first areas of "less deserving" growth products to suffer when the cost of money (liquidity) becomes more expensive (higher interest rates) and investment capital recedes in favor of those issues that have value (fundamentally speaking, R&D suffers from a lack of cheap capital where earnings and revenue later suffer as a result). Alternately, when liquidity levels begin to rise, these same areas are then supported (and lead the market higher) when all other areas of investment are deemed to be fairly valued.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#5 gm_general

gm_general

• TT Member+
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 06:43 PM

Small caps were relatively strong when things were down the most today. I usually observe that the small cap traders are slower to react, like a tree sloth, so they did not catch up with the momos in the other indices when they reversed (as usual).