ST & IT Bullish until...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,341 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 08:55 AM

Well, my SYSTEM was right and my intuition was dead wrong.

http://www.traders-t...uition-bearish/

ST & IT bullish

IT will remain bullish unless daily close below SPX 2580 (this changes after the close each day)

ST bullish unless daily close below SPX 2617 (also changes every day)

enjoy this rally while it lasts because markets will down in 2019

Got filled on 4 more QQQ FEB 155 calls

3 NQ trades this morning - 2 long, one short

#2 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,022 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 09:17 AM

I see this is going to be a gap up and go day..............

#3 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,341 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 09:19 AM

In today's Early Look "Was That THE Bottom?" I review how our process mapped yesterday's $SPY lows as a short-term bottom We've had many short-term bottoms in Europe, for a year now - THE bottom is a different answer

#4 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,341 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 09:21 AM

I see this is going to be a gap up and go day..............

Most likely, the extreme bearish sentiment, the selling climax - even if ST, and the plethora of many stocks at fairly good prices - again, even for a ST profit, created a storm of buying ...will continue but this rally could soon lose momentum. 

A very volatile trading environment and can get even wilder as volume shrinks during next 2 weeks.

#5 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 09:25 AM

The problem with new highs and new lows to turn bias is they always get sold or bought, that's the point where you need to be contrarian.

Fear index went out at 9 despite a 50 point reversal. Yes lots of trapped shorts there.

#6 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,341 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 09:26 AM

a BREXIT nightmare endgame:

The scenario that really scares the market

Firstly, there’s an increased risk of “no deal”. At the end of the day, financial markets would much prefer it if Britain had decided to stay in the European Union (EU) – which does, incidentally, go to show you why you can’t run a society by the dictates of financial markets alone, which is another reason for the current discord.

The fact that May can’t apparently get her deal through parliament suggests that the odds of “no deal” have risen. You can certainly argue that the odds on remaining have risen too – there’s now more chance of an election or a second referendum outcome. But it’s that increase in uncertainty that has helped to unnerve markets.

Secondly – and probably more importantly – there’s an increased chance of May getting kicked out...

https://moneyweek.co...est-brexit-mess

#7 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,341 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 02:46 PM

wow! 

wild market! 

Where it closes is totally unpredictable!

Not complaining, really good daytrading moves for what is normally a fairly slow period of the year.

#8 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,341 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 02:49 PM

With such big range candles - even in the shorter timeframes - you have to adjust your analysis and trading e.g. stops, taking profits etc

#9 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,022 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 03:11 PM

I was not surprised that the market today did not gap and go, instead it went into consolidation to digest yesterday's huge gains from sub SPX2600, and then up after the morning's gap got filled.

Edited by redfoliage2, 11 December 2018 - 03:14 PM.

#10 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,341 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 12:19 PM

wrong thread!

Edited by dTraderB, 12 December 2018 - 12:20 PM.