State Of The Market

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 03:11 PM

I thought internals were supposed to be able to predict bull/bear changes in the long term way ahead of the fact, what happened to that ?

The daily cumulative breadth and volume data affects the directional predictability of price in all time periods...from near term (1-2 days, day traders and scalpers), short term (4-6 weeks, traders and aggressive investors), intermediate term (6-12 weeks - intermediate to longer term investors) and long term (over 12 weeks out - savings and/or retirement accounts with minimal switching guidelines per year).

So, nothing really happened differently than has been the case for the last 50 years...maybe you have a more specific example for additional clarity?

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#12 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 03:44 PM

I thought internals were supposed to be able to predict bull/bear changes in the long term way ahead of the fact, what happened to that ?

The daily cumulative breadth and volume data affects the directional predictability of price in all time periods...from near term (1-2 days, day traders and scalpers), short term (4-6 weeks, traders and aggressive investors), intermediate term (6-12 weeks - intermediate to longer term investors) and long term (over 12 weeks out - savings and/or retirement accounts with minimal switching guidelines per year).

So, nothing really happened differently than has been the case for the last 50 years...maybe you have a more specific example for additional clarity?

Fib

Other than a NYAD divergence I don't know how to read internals for long term prediction, you had some good calls prior to the Jan. top,

unless that's for subscribers only, thought you would have posted something about the next 6 months or so from here or that the market has changed from bull to bear.

#13 dwyer

dwyer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 03:59 PM

In all fairness, I think Fib's comment on 9/20 was very, very, very good.  I wish I had heeded it a little more closely:

This now suggests that it's unlikely that there will be any further rally beyond September OPEX on the 21st, and that there is likely to be some bearish turbulence as we go into the beginning of October as the market internals find a way to construct a new platform. Because of this then, traders and scalpers are back to playing "hit and run" with their daily trades, while with investors it's likely that we'll see the markets firm for the next couple weeks providing exit points along the way for any open long positions.

#14 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:24 PM

Yep nice call Fib.

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#15 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 05:40 PM

CFO's are calling for recession by end of next year, stock market usually prices that in 6-12 months ahead of time,

so we could be at the verge of going to 1800 right now.