Trump is making it ....

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 06:20 AM

Inflation is at 2%...I see no reason for the Fed to keep raising......that is unless they want tank the markets and bring on a recession....

mdgcapital@protonmail.com  

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

"One soul is worth more than the whole world." 

#12 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 07:21 AM

But still, someone should inform him that his tariffs are a tax on our consumers and are not being paid by the Chinese as he keeps stating.  I think the markets loosing confidence....

Lack of Tariffs have cost American economy $850 Billion EVERY YEAR in lost manufacturing jobs.

Since manufacturing is #1 wealth creator in any country, is it any wonder middle class (majority of 

productive workers) are feeling their tits getting squeezed? We can never be prosperous by exporting

manufacturing and depend on service sector to create prosperity. The service sector consumes wealth,

and does not create wealth unlike manufacturing, mining, agriculture and creating new products which 

are in demand in the market place.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#13 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 07:24 AM

Inflation is at 2%...I see no reason for the Fed to keep raising......that is unless they want tank the markets and bring on a recession....

I guess you do not buy groceries, or pay hospital & doctor bills, or pay property taxes or

pay electric utility bills, or had to buy a house recently.

All are necessities and have gone up quite a bit more than 2% for many years now.

Edited by pdx5, 15 December 2018 - 07:25 AM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#14 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 09:17 AM

I guess you do not buy groceries, or pay hospital & doctor bills, or pay property taxes or

All are necessities and have gone up quite a bit more than 2% for many years now.

Not true....gasoline has been the same or cheaper than 14 years ago....

Case Schiller HPI is just above 2006 levels....

A bought a box of Rasin Bran this morning for $2.50....this price has been the same for years

Oil and CRB and near lows.....

The risk of inflation is very low in the US with birth rate below replacement......

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

#15 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 09:40 AM

Why is always the banks?  Because they are always willing to take the rap, the worms that they are... because they don't go to jail, they get paid massive sums of money to manage their own disasters they created, and they walk away $Billionaires...  This way the real blame doesn't go on where it belongs... your friendly politicians and central bankers... pop.gif

That is correct. And bigger the bank, bigger the risks they can take. Because if they succeed, they make more money than they should. If the risky schemes fail, they are "too big to fail" and get bailed out by the tax payers. Win-Win situation!

#16 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 09:59 AM

A bought a box of Rasin Bran this morning for $2.50....this price has been the same for years

The risk of inflation is very low in the US with birth rate below replacement......

We seniors do not need much gasoline since we do not have to drive to work everyday.

Our biggest bills are all healthcare related. One year treatment of chemo and radiation costs 

half a million dollars. If one has no health insurance, next step is bankruptcy court. Even with

insurance there are deductibles and out of pocket minimums to deal with. And try buying or

renting a residential property in a desirable place. Add many zeroes to the gasoline cost!

Raisin bran? haha I could not eat $50 worth in one year. Seniors are now the biggest group

in population.

#17 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 10:35 AM

We seniors do not need much gasoline since we do not have to drive to work everyday.

Our biggest bills are all healthcare related. One year treatment of chemo and radiation costs 

half a million dollars. If one has no health insurance, next step is bankruptcy court. Even with

insurance there are deductibles and out of pocket minimums to deal with. And try buying or

renting a residential property in a desirable place. Add many zeroes to the gasoline cost!

Raisin bran? haha I could not eat $50 worth in one year. Seniors are now the biggest group

in population.

The aging population (low birth rates) cause the risk of deflation....

Look at Japan....population decline causes low inflation, low interest rates....

The only reason we have 2% inflation now is bc we the #1 spot in the world for immigrants...

Interest rates are a new normal and will become lower and lower over time if our birth rates continue to decline...

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

#18 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 10:42 AM

Look at Japan....population decline causes low inflation, low interest rates....

The only reason we have 2% inflation now is bc we the #1 spot in the world for immigrants...

Interest rates are a new normal and will become lower and lower over time if our birth rates continue to decline...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think we want to emulate Japan. Their national debt/person is higher than ours.

And so is their suicide rate. Emulate countries which actually have more rich people based on population

than any other country, low debt and strong economy. Example: Singapore.

#19 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 11:32 AM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think we want to emulate Japan. Their national debt/person is higher than ours.

And so is their suicide rate. Emulate countries which actually have more rich people based on population

than any other country, low debt and strong economy. Example: Singapore.

Singapore is another country with "low" interest rates.....

A new normal as the world population rate growth declines...

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

#20 pedro

pedro

• Traders-Talk User
  • 767 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 02:06 PM

"This way the real blame doesn't go on where it belongs... your friendly politicians and central bankers..."

Gotta respond to this Semi ....  your friendly politicians and central bankers are under the thumbs of the bankers that own them.

Congress and the Fed aren't independent in ANY sense of the word.