INDU

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 03:58 PM

I waited 9 years for this, I'm not covering and then have to chase lower. I'll add a put or two if we get a bounce.

Core short with TZA I will not sell until this runs it's course.

#2 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 04:01 PM

And when will you know when that happens?

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#3 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 04:06 PM

Fib

Monthly reversal, if it gets down near 09 lows I will switch to 500 point. I doubt they take this all back in a week.

I may take profit before the turn if the down volume gets high enough and price has dropped to where I think it should be.

Edited by CLK, 20 December 2018 - 04:12 PM.

#4 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 04:31 PM

Fib

I may take profit before the turn if the down volume gets high enough and price has dropped to where I think it should be.

Where you think it should be?

I see.

Good luck with your trade.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#5 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 04:50 PM

Fib

Where you think it should be?

I see.

Good luck with your trade.

Fib

I wouldn't consider taking profit on less than a 60% drop even with a volume signal.

#6 libertas

libertas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 351 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 05:34 PM

The 2008 decline featured nine rallies of at least 9.5% of which three were greater than 20%, totaling 142%. The corresponding declines totaled 158%. The total "opportunity," if you like, was 300%. Not that you were going to catch the spikes perfectly, but....

The top top to bottom bottom was -50%. Basis SPY and doesn't include 2007 or 2009.

Now this time will be different, of course.

Edited by libertas, 20 December 2018 - 05:36 PM.

#7 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,477 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 05:45 PM

I waited 9 years for this, I'm not covering and then have to chase lower. I'll add a put or two if we get a bounce.

Don't really understand this Renko but why is there no downturn from the start of the year?

#8 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 08:20 PM

Don't really understand this Renko but why is there no downturn from the start of the year?

Renko is not designed to catch top tick or even the general area of the top, it only moves down if the price threshold you set is reached, in this case 1000 point increments. The Jan. drop did not close the month out at 24,000 or less so it did not print. If in the next week they rally back above, then Dec. may not print but I don't think they can. You know how people all along the way will try to pick THE top only to take a loss as the dip gets bought ?

Well Renko is set up to keep you from picking tops or bottoms, you only trade in the middle, not the ends or where you think the ends are.

Trying to catch every turn in a trend is nice to look at in hindsight, but is very stressful and most traders will chop their account up and have nothing to show for their work in the end. The goal is to filter out all the whipsaws and just go on auto pilot until the chart turns on a monthly closing basis.

If you look at this chart and say look at all the points I could have made not shown at the actual tops and bottoms, then good luck with the false starts and drawdowns finding the turn that way.

#9 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 08:27 PM

We've been in a range bound market for two months and now we probaly will expand in to a larger range. I've made more on long trades than short trades. That's why they call it trading, ya don't marry 'em. (JMHO)

#10 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 08:28 PM

I set the chart up at 1000 points to offset the doubling above the 2007 highs to 25000. If it gets back to 12k I will switch back to the 500

point chart in line with what was working at that level. A 500 point chart at 25k would have whipsaws.