fear greed is at 3 .....

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 trioderob

trioderob

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 07:19 PM

CNN fear / greed is at a near record 3 - I think the lowest ever was 0 out of 100

I know many are hoping for a VIX 50 - $TRIN 20 - 9.8 % down day to go long 

but you might not get it ! 

#2 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 08:18 PM

I have a record number of short term buy signals...   In this case it would take at least 5 days to go off a buy...   It is not just over bought technical signals...  SOX is leading SPX, Put/Call Ratios are signaling higher equity prices.... It is primed to go up...   Maybe we need some good news somewhere?

#3 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 22 December 2018 - 06:33 AM

Sentiment numbers don't mean much. Message boards are full of people buying in their long term accounts at these levels,

almost no one is shorting for the long haul.

#4 trioderob

trioderob

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 22 December 2018 - 10:57 AM

“Investors are approaching extreme bearishness. This month’s survey found the biggest ever one-month rotation into the asset class” of bonds, Bank of America Merrill Lynch said in the survey. The research is one of the most widely followed surveys of investors on Wall Street.

#5 tommyt

tommyt

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 22 December 2018 - 02:36 PM

"CNN fear / greed is at a near record 3 - I think the lowest ever was 0 out of 100"

when its was 5 the 1-2 days before you could have bought and got your head handed to you, right? Its obvious there is something much bigger going on here...ST "things" are meaningless in this environment.

#6 blustar

blustar

blustar

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,174 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 01:02 AM

I believe we see a sharp 2 day rally

Blessings,

blu

BluStar Market Insights Subscriptions

#7 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 09:48 AM

"CNN fear / greed is at a near record 3 - I think the lowest ever was 0 out of 100"

when its was 5 the 1-2 days before you could have bought and got your head handed to you, right? Its obvious there is something much bigger going on here...ST "things" are meaningless in this environment.

"Something bigger going on here."

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#8 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 11:18 AM

"Something bigger going on here."

Nice work on the margin debt, you're one of the few here that actually know what they are doing, good calls via the custom index readings too, just blank NYMO is not very accurate sometimes.

For awhile now, trading the calls has not been cost effective as premiums are bloated, since the wave 2 ABC broke it's even worse and the puts are all I'm interested in but you have to get a big bounce first to reset the premiums to take a trade. I was basically up only 5% in my options trading before a big mistake the day of the Fed, sold a bull put spread in the money, but my TZA position trade is up over 35% including the protective puts I bought on it. I think asset allocation should be 95% ETF's and 5% options or futures.

#9 MaryAM

MaryAM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 10:19 AM

A whole lot of money has died and gone to money heaven.  Where is the new money going to come from to boost this market higher if the money has died?  Must need muti-billions by now.  Is the FED going to print it? if it's going to work, it can't be purchased by the Treasury adding more debt to the system.   What will happen to the value of the dollar?   I don't see that much cash sitting on the sidelines.  If purchased with more debt (margin accounts), that is not really new money to bring this back into balance, because it needs to be repaid.  Relying on the great minds on this board for answers.  

#10 uburack

uburack

• Traders-Talk User
  • 628 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 10:53 AM

Only Mother can save us now.

MOASS that is.

John 21:6 And he said unto them, "Cast the net on the right side of the ship, and ye shall find". They cast therefore, and now they were not able to draw it for the multitude of fishes.