Bear Update

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 RagingSpartan

RagingSpartan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 558 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 03:52 PM

Today I got stopped out on my remaining 1/2 short positions.

#2 Waver

Waver

• Traders-Talk User
  • 802 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 03:54 PM

Today Bear market rally?
Or back to the bull?

#3 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 03:55 PM

Today Bear market rally?
Or back to the bull?

What's your opinion...what evidence do you have to substantiate either/or??

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#4 Waver

Waver

• Traders-Talk User
  • 802 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 03:58 PM

The only evidence I have is that there should be a test of the lows with higher breadth, higher momentum and less volume.
But I am an ametuer.

You have an opinion?

#5 saltlake

saltlake

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 04:00 PM

Me too RS, I had a long going this morning too that Also got stopped out , lol

#6 SteveB

SteveB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 04:15 PM

My opinion- Bear market rally. And an impressive one. I think today was a massive short squeeze. It ended in a parabola-up in the 5 min charts during the last hour. Today was a good start in resetting the oversold oscillators back to where the decline can resume. All of the reasons why the market declined are still there. 

#7 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 04:20 PM

The only evidence I have is that there should be a test of the lows with higher breadth, higher momentum and less volume.

That would be a reasonable expectation though it would be with diverging breadth and momentum and higher volume.

This divergence are those would be deemed unsophisticated or unwilling sellers with volume usually higher as equities tend to make rounding tops and spike panic bottoms.

And, yes, I always have an opinion...this was what was partially shared over this past weekend in the Weekly Breadth Data review:

"However, with current readings in all of the MCO's now in deeply "oversold" territory, along with the volatility and TRIN readings on Friday finally beginning to show a bit of fear (no less the current CBOE and Equity Put/Call ratios screaming "bottom"), a hard reversal to the upside is highly likely to be seen by the end of the year....though we still have to negotiate our way around the half day on Monday and Tuesday's shut down to get there."

And so it goes.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#8 libertas

libertas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 351 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 04:23 PM

Pension funds have to buy approx $64 bn before 12/31 to re-balance due to bonds outperfomring stocks.

#9 tommyt

tommyt

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 04:39 PM

"Today I got stopped out on my remaining 1/2 short positions."

Thanks Rager, you had a great run and stuck with it until stopped...kudos

#10 Iblayz

Iblayz

• TT Patron+
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 05:48 PM

Almost 7 to 1 advances to declines ain't nothing to sneeze at, but get this. I noticed on TOS that the Advance/Decline difference for the S&P showed 502. Yep. TOS shows 503 advancing issues vs 1 declining issue. Now, I suppose that won't turn out to be correct but, even if it is close, it is pretty impressive.

In edit, just scrolled through the 500. Newmont Mining down a nickel. One loser out of 500.

Edited by Iblayz, 26 December 2018 - 05:53 PM.