"One soul is worth more than the whole world." 

#2 tsharp

tsharp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 03:47 PM

Radical. 

https://www.yahoo.co...-170848121.html

The left has never met someone else's money they wouldn't be happy to take!  OPM is oh soooooo easy to spend!!!

#3 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 04:09 PM

The liberals want to form a "New Tax" called the "Carbon Tax".   Such a Tax is based on "Carbon Dioxide" emission...   If you don't produce carbon dioxide you don't have to pay the tax...    There is a problem...   Although Carbon Dioxide is the main culprit in "Global Warming", Carbon Dioxide will increase plant group so the earth balances itself.    The real problems are with Hydrocarbons. The create acid rain and can kill plant growth thus throwing off the balance in they system..    Hydrocarbons are large problem in India and China, but the Democrats can't tax them, so they are concentrating on formulating this new tax as well...

The 70% Tax on the top earners ( whatever it is ) is part of their overall agenda, although the seasons politicians know not to blurt it out in passing.

#4 LMF

LMF

• Traders-Talk User
  • 801 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 05:36 PM

Good thing it has no chance to pass in the senate.....after Trump got the tax reform passed, this is the best the Democrats can do. 

#5 alborz

alborz

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 06:31 PM

The problem here is that our politicians cannot do math. Income tax is the most stupid idea if you want to fix the wealth disparity problem. If you want to tax the wealthy then tax wealth - not income. Income is a measure of productivity, not wealth. The wealthy don't have income - they have capital gains. Taxing productivity works to benefit the wealthy because it rewards the entrenched by punishing the most productive members of society. If you want to have a prosperous nation you ought to do the opposite. Property tax is a great example of a wealth tax. Wealth tax is anonymous and is fair, because it doesn't care who the owner is. If your assets are a beneficiary of our roads, schools, military, police, etc then the asset pays its fair share.

#6 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 07:38 PM

The problem here is that our politicians cannot do math. Income tax is the most stupid idea if you want to fix the wealth disparity problem. If you want to tax the wealthy then tax wealth - not income. Income is a measure of productivity, not wealth. The wealthy don't have income - they have capital gains. Taxing productivity works to benefit the wealthy because it rewards the entrenched by punishing the most productive members of society. If you want to have a prosperous nation you ought to do the opposite. Property tax is a great example of a wealth tax. Wealth tax is anonymous and is fair, because it doesn't care who the owner is. If your assets are a beneficiary of our roads, schools, military, police, etc then the asset pays its fair share.

Good point but at what levels are folks taxed?  Where does it begin?  At $100 million in net worth?  That's the question?  The Obama admin believed a couple earning $250k/year was wealthy, that's B.S.  There's plenty a family of 3 (or 4) earning $250k/year and barely getting by.

At what level does the left believe someone is wealthy?  $5 million?  This is all subjective but that level is too darn low to be considered wealthy and justify a wealth tax.

Property tax is a wealth tax and here in TX it's an arse-whipping!  I wrote a check for $10,100. last month on my primary residence.  We're to the point of selling this home and moving rural, like AR or TN .  I can't think of retiring early (I'm 52, my plan is age 55-56) and remaining here, all because of this stealthy wealth tax called property tax.  

Taxing too much causes mass exodus.  Look at states like CA or NY.  "Wealthy" folks are leaving in droves.  Not to mention the record number of ex-pats who say, "screw this" and moving to places like Panama or Argentina.  

#7 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 07:58 PM

Good point but at what levels are folks taxed?  Where does it begin?  At $100 million in net worth?  That's the question?  The Obama admin believed a couple earning $250k/year was wealthy, that's B.S.  There's plenty a family of 3 (or 4) earning $250k/year and barely getting by.

At what level does the left believe someone is wealthy?  $5 million?  This is all subjective but that level is too darn low to be considered wealthy and justify a wealth tax.

Property tax is a wealth tax and here in TX it's an arse-whipping!  I wrote a check for $10,100. last month on my primary residence.  We're to the point of selling this home and moving rural, like AR or TN .  I can't think of retiring early (I'm 52, my plan is age 55-56) and remaining here, all because of this stealthy wealth tax called property tax.  

Taxing too much causes mass exodus.  Look at states like CA or NY.  "Wealthy" folks are leaving in droves.  Not to mention the record number of ex-pats who say, "screw this" and moving to places like Panama or Argentina.  

Very good points, CT!

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#8 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 09:49 AM

Texas is creating a disaster for itself taxing property. Kept me from considering it.

Who does it hit the worst, fixed income. Taxing property is the most unconstitutional depopulation

technology maybe worse than taxing labor and the means of production.

Supreme court ruled in 1908 that only passive income is taxable, is non producing hidden labor tax income on wealth (usury). Labor and the means of production

are not taxable. So they invented historic genocides wwi (wilson), fake depression and wwii (fdr) to irradicate Constitutional

Law, replaced by co-called civil war Act of 1871 foreign owned private corporation "rules". They never wonder how all historic communist genocides are out of the left

and how was mao, stalin, fdr were all installed by rothchild at the same time, and off the rothcild/rockefeller debt "wealth" amassed from so-called civil war debt "interest".

is this why then, supreme court ruled only passive income "interest" was taxable? is this why then global communists installed certain presidents wilson and fdr to destroy

the remnants of the constitution with fake depression and world wars. Notice how historic constitutional Laws and Rulings just seem to cease to exist?

The lawyer that studied the period of great depression that the congress was out of session i think for 15 months, logged hundreds of labor tax and private property

confiscation "statutes" into the congressional record when the first session reopened. Communism codified without any votes while congress was out of session.

He turned up dead immediately.

Well the constitutional law is still on the books and in practice and works, just have to read how it works.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#9 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 10:43 AM

really these people are so ignorant trump could invert "income" to "wealth" and give them their 70% equals 90% total state and local,

to make the "wealth" threshold high enough to depopulate only the war party's babylonian priesthood overlords while isolating producing

"income".

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#10 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 08:04 PM

hints unexpected unconventional settlement tomorrow at 3:15

national emergency exec order tomorrow, build the wall, as well as run essential gov open

notice donkeys still paying labor tax?, what closes?

enough billions from china tarrifs to run the gov without pedophile congress

pedophiles trying to slip billions slush funds through "foreign aid" for foreign abortions

zero fake news coverage of global revolution, of yellow vests

wars, trillions

slush funds, billions,

antifa, billions

abortions, billions

red cross, billions

terrorism and school shootings, billions

who audits where the money really goes?

who actually gets the money?

feeling sick yet?

Q