Days Next Week With Higher Risk of a Turn

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:17 PM

My system indicates that next Tuesday the 15th and Thursday the 17th have a higher than average risk of a turn or acceleration of the current trend.

Last week's Monday the 7th risk window was a dud, plain and simple.  The jury is still out on the Friday the 11th risk window.  The action Monday into Tuesday should tell that tale.  If it does turn down Monday, the Tuesday risk window should be interesting since I can't rule out either a whipsaw turn back up in the risk window or an acceleration down if Friday the 11th did mark a turn down.

If Friday the 11th  turns into another dud, I'll definitely have to look under the system's hood to see if it needs a tune up given the hold the stock market apparently has on the FED.  Maybe I need to crank up the FED related turn indicators.  I'll do something futile.  You can count on it.  

Regards,

Douglas

#2 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 06:37 PM

D. you may be correct about both days. Just by looking over all the time bars and levels I was thinking the same thing this morning but just from what price looked like. I will write more about it tomorrow and with those 2 days in mind.

Thks for the update. 

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#3 kaiser soze

kaiser soze

• Traders-Talk User
  • 884 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 09:15 PM

Douglas: I too have technical reasons to believe that except for last Monday, your other three dates will indeed turn out to be key junctures.  Thanks for posting them. 

Best, KS

#4 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 11:12 AM

Last night I watched The Big Short for the umpteenth time and had an epiphany (result of too much ale).  What if The Big Lie that's there is no and has been no inflation is today's equivalent of The Big Short?  Since 2000 the cost of living for the average Joe 6-pack has more than doubled which equates to an annual inflation rate of about 4% almost twice what the BLS has said we averaged over the period.  At some point Joe won't even be able to even afford the essentials, you know, shotgun shells, beer, hamburgers, Ford F150, gasoline, and ESPN.  That crisis point might mark the next major turn in the US economy. We'll know the turn is close when Joe hits the street angry wearing his orange hunting vest (French yellow vest equivalent).  Until that time, I guess, buy the dip.