• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 08:43 AM

Jobs Blowout!

There is no doubt Trump has unleashed the power of capitalism and the private sector by shutting down the government, deceasing regulations etc....my post on shutting down the government is a good thing for the economy was spot on.

Get people off the nanny state and see what happens!

Up, up and more up!

mdgcapital@protonmail.com  

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

"One soul is worth more than the whole world." 

#2 Data

Data

• Validating
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 10:45 AM

75 percent of the government is already funded.  The Republicans passed the appropriations bills for the departments and agencies they wanted open before they lost the majority. The government is essentially running a budget surplus for one month since everything outside Social Security and Medicare runs a deficit of about 25% of operating expenditures..

Generally, the numbers look better than they should in the first half of the year and worse than they should in the second half due to the seasonal adjustments.  They also revised a benchmark which subtracted 90,000 jobs from the previous month.

My expectation is that labor markets will continue to be tight as the direct-to-home distribution model sucks more available workers.   Japan has had the same problem.

#3 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 06:49 PM

Jobs Blowout!

There is no doubt Trump has unleashed the power of capitalism and the private sector by shutting down the government, deceasing regulations etc....my post on shutting down the government is a good thing for the economy was spot on.

Get people off the nanny state and see what happens!

Up, up and more up!

This is simply amazing what the economy has done in 2 short years. Tax cuts helped but even bigger deal was removing tons of burdensome regulations on SMALL BUSINESSES, who can not afford the stifling paper work and conformity required. Small Businesses create lion's share  of new jobs.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule