papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

"One soul is worth more than the whole world." 

#2 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 06:33 PM

It looks that way. The dumb money loves stocks again, and continue to buy. The current number is now at the Jan 2018 high.  It's probably based on the FOMO after the SPX move above the 200 DMA..... 

It's been a nice run off of the lows when the dumb money hated stocks.....   We still have some room to run, but I think next week we will see some better VST trading ops.   I love trading in markets like this one.....

A very nice TZA trade be coming my way I think.....

Good Trading. 

Edited by robo, 15 February 2019 - 06:42 PM.

“There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side”   Jesse L. Livermore

#3 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:10 PM

Today could be an Rut daily peak, there is one more up day in cycles next week though.

Next buy 11 days last day of month and steady up again for 2 months.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#4 q4wer

q4wer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 11:01 PM

Hello AChartist,  

Could you please explain "Next buy 11 days last day of month and steady up again for 2 months"  ?

if it tops here,  where is the low projected to be ?

Thanks!

Today could be an Rut daily peak, there is one more up day in cycles next week though.

#5 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 07:55 AM

Above average odds we move lower next week.

Daily Cycle

Stocks closed above the 200 day MA on Friday.

Friday was day 35, placing stocks in their timing band for a daily cycle decline. And stocks continue to print large SOS days. Now 11 of the preceding 16 days printed strong Selling on Strength numbers.

* Stocks are in their timing band for a daily cycle decline.
* Stocks continue to print SOS numbers which are harbingers that a cycle decline is imminent.
* Bearish divergences are developing on the oscillators which typically precede a cycle decline.

Once a swing high forms it will likely send stocks into their daily cycle decline. But stocks are in a daily uptrend. once the cycle decline begins, if the swing low forms above the lower daily cycle band that will mean that stocks remain in their daily uptrend and that would trigger a cycle band buy signal.

https://likesmoneycy...report-preview/

Edited by robo, 16 February 2019 - 07:56 AM.

“There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side”   Jesse L. Livermore

#6 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 08:36 AM

Very minor just a flag like pullback, from one up day next week probably next thurs, then low on Fbb 28 or Mar 3, might only be 10-12 ^RUT points pullback.

the rise after looks slow and steady too most would miss something like that slow steady grind.

Hello AChartist,  

Could you please explain "Next buy 11 days last day of month and steady up again for 2 months"  ?

if it tops here,  where is the low projected to be ?

Thanks!

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#7 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 08:47 AM

My data is warning to stay very nimble as I'm seeing extremes again. However,  we all know "extremes can become more extreme".  I use Sentiment and cycles for my trading tools....

I trade VXF only in my 401ks  and I'm currently flat.... It's been a very nice run....  Also, trades are free at Vanguard!

My LT data is on a buy signal again.....

Daily data:

https://stockcharts....87c&a=644642052

LT data:

https://stockcharts....37c&a=643797474

As we learned in 2018: Extremes can become more extreme, long term trends matter, patterns matter, divergences matter, technical disconnects matter and now we’re dealing with the aftermath and their implications.

https://northmantrad...market-outlook/

Edited by robo, 16 February 2019 - 08:56 AM.

#8 q4wer

q4wer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 10:20 AM

Thanks AChartist ! Good work Robo !

#9 q4wer

q4wer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 10:23 AM

Roger presented a ring cycle work a while back , I wish he could update, I remember it projected a higher high at the end of Feb.