• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,019 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 09:44 AM

We're just now filling a magnetic gap. I've got no top spotters going off.

People don't trust this market. Yet, when I look at the long bond, I don't see any pressure on the Fed to raise rates. Meanwhile earnings, generally have improved. Why SHOULDN'T we be at new highs?

I'm pretty sure that's where we're headed. I do think that there's a good chance for a pullback here soon, but the failure of other Sell signals to provide much indicates that we're in Bull market.

Technically, we are still in a "Bear Market Condition" but that'll change to a Bull this week, I suspect. The "tells" suggest it's a fait accompli.

M  

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#2 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,524 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 09:52 AM

Was interesting just listening to Bob Pisani on CNBC talking about the market being a bit overpriced on earnings.  I've never in all my years heard him being negative on the market,,,, was shocking.  I'd go along with new highs however as volatility drys up and theres no star step movement were just setting up for a big correction if theres one disappointment in anything.   

#3 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 10:04 AM

NY AD line into uncharted territory and is leading the way.......watch the sky

https://screenshotsc...a287876a21f.png

#4 .Blizzard

.Blizzard

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 10:29 AM

No Deal with China will send the S&P to 1750.

A commercial war will start with no winners, but with a secure strong world recession for years

Edited by .Blizzard, 20 February 2019 - 10:29 AM.

#5 alexnewbee

alexnewbee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 10:49 AM

A commercial war will start with no winners, but with a secure strong world recession for years

In fact there will be no deal. They started this trade war not to end it so soon. But who cares - then they will explain that capital will move back to USA - so it is bullish. :)

"we do G.d's work" Lloyd Blankfein

#6 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,524 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 10:52 AM

In fact there will be no deal. They started this trade war not to end it so soon. But who cares - then they will explain that capital will move back to USA - so it is bullish. smile.png

Really don't think so, what are your ideas?  

#7 alexnewbee

alexnewbee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 10:53 AM

In fact there will be no deal. They started this trade war not to end it so soon. But who cares - then they will explain that capital will move back to USA - so it is bullish. smile.png

Really don't think so, what are your ideas?  

What you mean with ideas?

#8 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,524 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:01 AM

Why there wont be a deal?  I'm thinking small deal tariffs remain the same for now.  Not sure how the market will react to that.  

#9 alexnewbee

alexnewbee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:06 AM

Why there wont be a deal?  I'm thinking small deal tariffs remain the same for now.  Not sure how the market will react to that.  

The way they handled their promises so far, their negotiation skills, this never ending story of "deal is done". You remember the deal was done still in Oct 2018? But he had to leave for the funeral and there was a strong promise of an announcement afterwards, etc. This is not the way you handle the negotiations. If they really wanted a deal - they would conclude it in silence. But what they want - is hope. Hope eternal, lol..

And selling this hope.

In fact agricultural commodities are smelling it. You sell first what is less liquid. Check wheat, corn and soybeans.

Edited by alexnewbee, 20 February 2019 - 11:07 AM.

#10 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:24 PM

Further upside (in the short term) targets 2808.  Downside targets 2640 (at the extreme).  Most likely is a pullback along the lines of 3% followed by new highs.