The IT TOP: SPX 2790 to 2810

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 10:16 AM

VIX back under 14ish and moving lower.....

It's going to be even lower in the afternoon today when SPX is at 2800.................

LOL....   Looks that way. After all,  it is Risk Free Friday Brother....

Edited by robo, 22 February 2019 - 10:18 AM.

“There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side”   Jesse L. Livermore

#12 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,212 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:17 PM

It's going to be even lower in the afternoon today when SPX is at 2800.................

Nearing an hourly & daily VIX BUY (SPX sell)

#13 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,212 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:18 PM

But, the important BUY I am looking to enter is the VXXB (replacement for now non-existent VXX)

#14 typicalbear

typicalbear

• Traders-Talk User
  • 390 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:37 PM

Just a hunch, but I feel the $SPX high is in....

#15 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 02:20 PM

Just a hunch, but I feel the $SPX high is in....

Keeping it small, but the odds favor a move down based on my data......  

SPY SOS is also pretty high for this time of day. We could see a possible move down into a DCL next week....

http://www.wsj.com/m...-moneyflow.html

VIX under 14 again...

Good Trading!

We shall see how the cycle data plays out.

https://stockcharts....m=1&a=646695560

Thursday was day 38 for the daily equity cycle. That places stocks in their timing band for a daily cycle decline. And with stocks coming up at resistance at the December monthly high of 2800.18, Thursday’s swing high could send stocks to seek out their daily cycle low.

https://likesmoneycy...orm-swing-high/

Edited by robo, 22 February 2019 - 02:24 PM.

“There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side”   Jesse L. Livermore

#16 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,212 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 04:38 PM

One of my key LT holdings was closed today. BANK OF AMERICA, a stock I live, many hate it, but it has been a favorite for more than 2 decades. 

I closed all of it today. It has been in a toppish state for a few days and I just want to take it off the table because I am sure I can get it lower sometime this year.

Half of my EXXON holdings have also been closed. I also like EXXON and CHEVRON, but not as much as Bank of America. I had hoped EXXON would have spiked up another 4 to 5% on the crude oil rally but it seems to be resting and hesitating so I decided to take half off the table. 

Now holding 31 QQQ puts, down about 22%, and a lot of cash, must be the highest level since 2008.

It's been a great 7 weeks for 2019 with almost 12% gain in my LT portfolio, so the worst can happen is the market goes up another 10% before it goes down and I miss out on that. But, that's a very low probability & I would rather bank 12% and lose out on another 5%.

Market now priced to perfection, limited upside, but the bulls had another great week and could squeeze another 2 to 3% before it reverses.