Photo

ST & IT SELL: beware of the fake pop up!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#11 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,167 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 08:50 AM

Closing my QQQ long. 

Just not comfortable holding QQQ long and trading NQ long on these rallies, even as I hold QQQ JUN puts. 

Don't like too many trades in too many trading instruments that cause me to lose focus on each trade. 

Yeah, the pop, the OPEX start of week one....

VIX is UP? 

yep.

Maybe since DOW is down. 

or an OPEX thing

#12 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 09:15 AM

We got the gap up as expected so we shall see what they have left...  Went to a buy signal before the close on Friday for VST trading...  Smash the VIX is in play too.....

https://stockcharts....123&a=651227941

It doesn't look that way for this morning....  

The Stock Market Has Further to Fall

Jeff Clark's Market Minute The Stock Market Has Further to Fall

Published   

March 11, 2019 - 7:30 AM

Sellers took over the short-term direction of the stock market last week.

The S&P 500 finally closed below its 9-day exponential moving average (EMA). That action kicked off some selling pressure. And the index closed down about 2.2% for the week. 

Of course, the loss was even larger on Friday morning, when the S&P dipped all the way down to 2722. That was 96 points below last Monday’s high. But, buyers stepped up in the last hour on Friday and cut the weekly loss by 20 points.  That last hour buying pressure inspired hope among some of the financial television talking heads over the weekend. Many of them commented that now that the market has pulled back for a week, and now that some of the overbought conditions have been worked off, stocks are ready to press higher once again.  I’m not so sure.

https://www.jeffclar...urther-to-fall/

Edited by robo, 11 March 2019 - 09:22 AM.

“There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side”   Jesse L. Livermore

#13 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 09:28 AM

Buying some TVIX @ $30.75 for a Beer Money Trade....  Waiting for the next signal, but stocks on a VST buy signal for now

https://stockcharts....663&a=651227941

Edited by robo, 11 March 2019 - 09:31 AM.

“There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side”   Jesse L. Livermore

#14 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 11:33 AM

Testing the 50 MA.... (See VST trading data/chart above) Still long TNA based on the VST buy signal from Friday. I will sell once I get a sell signal.... My TVIX Beer money trade remains a loser, but TNA offsetting nicely...

Edited by robo, 11 March 2019 - 11:34 AM.

#15 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 11:57 AM

Trouble at the 50 MA  - selling TNA @ $62.15ish and waiting...  Still holding my losing TVIX Beer Money trade...  ( See chart above)

Show me some BEEF!

https://images.searc...pg&action=click

Edited by robo, 11 March 2019 - 12:00 PM.

#16 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 12:35 PM

Going flat and headed out to lunch.... LOL....  TNA lunch money, but NO Beer Money!  Not sure why anyone would want to be short now if you are a Short-Term or a Day-Trader.   That Bullish-Bearish crap means nothing to my trading system. It works on buy and sell signals, and it's on a clear buy signal for now.

Good Luck to those VST trading....  We remain on a nice buy signal for stocks since Friday!  Triple Witch be up this week...

Edited by robo, 11 March 2019 - 12:41 PM.

#17 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,167 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 12:41 PM

Good pop up.... but it is a fake pop! 

To be confirmed.....

#18 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 12:46 PM

Good pop up.... but it is a fake pop! 

To be confirmed.....

You could be correct in the MT. However, it's on a VST buy signal until it's not Brother. Once I get the sell signal I will flip to TZA, but for now it's on a VST signal moving up, so I'm going to trade only from the  long side.  We don't know when the current move up will end...  Waiting on the next sell signal and trading from the long side only.

Good luck on your positions. There is no Bearish or Bullish trades for me only signals to be traded on whatever the current trend is. That needs to be, and should be on  on the right side of the market for us VST traders.  The Trend really is our friend!

Out to lunch and good trading Brother!  Waiting to see how this closes today after lunch.

https://twitter.com/...erp|twgr^author

Edited by robo, 11 March 2019 - 12:52 PM.

#19 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,639 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 12:59 PM

This 2780 level on ES is pretty key....

If bears can't defend the back test, then they likely got trouble on their hands.

Would expect to at least see a battle here first.....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#20 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 01:05 PM

This 2780 level on ES is pretty key....

If bears can't defend the back test, then they likely got trouble on their hands.

Would expect to at least see a battle here first.....

I will be watching. If you have a trading system,  like I do none of that matters Brother. I take the signals win, lose or draw based on a set of odds and a Risk/Reward level based on my tools.  Overall, I'm going to be a winner "IF" I take my signals. Over a 70% win rate. The Big money is made by letting winners run and getting out of losing trades once you get the sell signal. Sure, we all get whipsawed, but that is part of a trading system and being  disciplined enough to take the signals when you get them.  Probably most of the stops were hit this morning so let us see what the BOTS can do now without the extra fuel....

Have a good one.....

Edited by robo, 11 March 2019 - 01:11 PM.