ST long, IT short, OPEX Games continuing

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,704 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:56 PM

Still NO daily buy signal.....  Where is the BEEF!

NDX on daily buy

but SPX and DOW lagging.

Ok Brother. I only trade VXF for daily signals....  VST VXF ( using my system) went to a buy signal on Friday and remains there. The daily has NOT given me a buy signal yet. VXF is 4500ish mid and small cap stocks. If you add the S&P 500 it's the total stock market....

Good trading!

Maybe I will look at VXF for my LT Portfolio

I am basically in cash now, not liking these levels to buy after closing about 86% of my holdings during the past 3 weeks. 

#22 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 04:06 PM

Hey Guys, we see this play out to the upside.....   Yes, GDP is currently going down, Rydex Ratio is bearish, market is mildly overbought....    The question is where do we go from here? Medium Term Momentum has been bullish or neutral.    Over the last few weeks I've been in GDX ( Gold ), XLU ( Utilities ), USO ( Oil ), and am doing better the the S&P...    It can also provide some downside protection...  I would not be surprised to see the indices continue to run higher until 90% of stocks in NYSE are over their 20-day MA and 80% of stocks are over their 50-day MA.....

#23 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 04:21 PM

Still NO daily buy signal.....  Where is the BEEF!

NDX on daily buy

but SPX and DOW lagging.

Ok Brother. I only trade VXF for daily signals....  VST VXF ( using my system) went to a buy signal on Friday and remains there. The daily has NOT given me a buy signal yet. VXF is 4500ish mid and small cap stocks. If you add the S&P 500 it's the total stock market....

Good trading!

Maybe I will look at VXF for my LT Portfolio

I am basically in cash now, not liking these levels to buy after closing about 86% of my holdings during the past 3 weeks. 

VXF is what I have been using for many years. The trades are free at Vanguard, but make sure you open a Brokerage account. That way you can buy and sell when you want based on your system. My system was on a buy signal for 39 days and now on a sell for 7 days. I need a Brokerage account for the type of trading I do. You CAN NOT place any leverage or short positions now at Vanguard.  I use Ameritrade  accounts for those type of positions and they are all Roth IRAs. Plain vanilla shares only. 

Have a good one!  Time to get the Pressure Cooker Fired up....

“There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side”   Jesse L. Livermore

#24 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 04:24 PM

Hey Guys, we see this play out to the upside.....   Yes, GDP is currently going down, Rydex Ratio is bearish, market is mildly overbought....    The question is where do we go from here? Medium Term Momentum has been bullish or neutral.    Over the last few weeks I've been in GDX ( Gold ), XLU ( Utilities ), USO ( Oil ), and am doing better the the S&P...    It can also provide some downside protection...  I would not be surprised to see the indices continue to run higher until 90% of stocks in NYSE are over their 20-day MA and 80% of stocks are over their 50-day MA.....

Thanks. Trading some of them too.....

https://seekingalpha...kaplan-gdxj-sea

“There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side”   Jesse L. Livermore

#25 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 05:05 PM

Just reviewed my charts they are looking bearish,  However, Put/Call ratios 10-day MA just hit a BUY...  Keeping things interesting...  It says the big players are going to drive the market higher...

#26 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 05:12 PM

Just reviewed my charts they are looking bearish,  However, Put/Call ratios 10-day MA just hit a BUY...  Keeping things interesting...  It says the big players are going to drive the market higher...

I sure don't know Brother, and no need to guess. I just take the signals - win, lose or draw.  The BOTS have made my system a trend trader for now, and I will take the signals when they come. I haven't been whipsawed in sometime thanks to the Buy Programs....  

Good Luck on your trades the rest of this Triple Witch Week Brother.

Edited by robo, 12 March 2019 - 05:13 PM.