ST UP, IT DOWN, grinding higher, OPEX games continue

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#11 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,162 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:57 AM

OK, got a 9 point NQ long trade profit on current trade, good time to BUY VXXB @ 29.57

#12 opinionated

opinionated

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:58 AM

Tagged lower BB on the open?

#13 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:59 AM

LOL....  Only a few of us posting here anyway... 

Starting to buy some tranches....  You can buy VXXB at Vanguard, but it cost me $7.00 dollars...I will buy the next tranche around $29.00ish too.....  I'm long TNA - I'm on a buy signal for VST trading.....

A nice gap up again..... VST trades are still on a buy signal, but not my daily data yet.....  Just made the jump, ( buy signal) but I will wait to buy VXF since I'm long TNA already....

https://stockcharts....603&a=651610557

Daily

https://stockcharts....219&a=651376007

Dear 

The following order executed on 03/13/2019 at 9:44 AM, Eastern time: 

Account: xxxx
Transaction type: Buy
Order type: Limit
Security: BARCLAYS IPATH SER B S&P 500 VIX SHORT TERM FUTURE ETN (VXXB)
Quantity:

Price:* $29.57

Edited by robo, 13 March 2019 - 09:07 AM.

“There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side”   Jesse L. Livermore

#14 Harapa

Harapa

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:07 AM

Good luck...

D1i0hwqWsAANPSS.png

My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. All posted trades are fake (aka. paper) trades.

#15 opinionated

opinionated

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:08 AM

I was thinking test of recent lows... this surprised me.  But I do think we are setting up for a 2785 test at minimum.  Still holding my shorts from yesterday but not happy.

#16 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:12 AM

Selling TNA @ $64.00ish and waiting to buy VXF.....  VXF will be free trades at Vanguard and I can sell often since I have so much cash in that account. No Leverage, and NO Decay is the way I like on a daily buy signal. I will be surprised if we keep moving up, but I take the signals when I get them  - win, lose or draw....  I will see how it plays out later this morning.....

Waiting to buy VXF...

Time for a coffee.....

Good trading.....

The VXXB trade is different and is based on the VIX buy signal it's a  - win, lose or draw trade....  It's just another trade...  I keep them small and stay nimble when VST trading.

Edited by robo, 13 March 2019 - 09:22 AM.

“There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side”   Jesse L. Livermore

#17 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,447 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:30 AM

Selling TNA @ $64.00ish and waiting to buy VXF.....  VXF will be free trades at Vanguard and I can sell often since I have so much cash in that account. No Leverage, and NO Decay is the way I like on a daily buy signal. I will be surprised if we keep moving up, but I take the signals when I get them  - win, lose or draw....  I will see how it plays out later this morning.....

Waiting to buy VXF...

Time for a coffee.....

Good trading.....

The VXXB trade is different and is based on the VIX buy signal it's a  - win, lose or draw trade....  It's just another trade...  I keep them small and stay nimble when VST trading.

Shouldn't that be a beer with having so much of it now, lol!!yes.gif

#18 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,162 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:38 AM

BULLS on fire, melt-up to climax this rally. 

Good NQ longs but taking a hit on the QQQ puts

Looking to buy at least 5 more, preferably 10

down 5 cents on the VXXB LONG trade .... note VXBB is almost flat intraday while SPX soared 15 points

#19 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:11 AM

BULLS on fire, melt-up to climax this rally. 

Good NQ longs but taking a hit on the QQQ puts

Looking to buy at least 5 more, preferably 10

down 5 cents on the VXXB LONG trade .... note VXBB is almost flat intraday while SPX soared 15 points

I got a  VST buy signal Friday ( leveraged trades) and now a daily buy signal (no leverage)....... I Sold all leveraged positions, and will buy larger tranches of VXF, but I will wait to to see how we close today.

Still trading VXXB based on the buy signal - win, lose or draw....

I'm headed out....  Good luck to those VST trading....  The trend remains up until it's now.  My system remains on a buy signal...No guessing required.... 

Edited by robo, 13 March 2019 - 11:15 AM.

#20 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 01:25 PM

I will be trading VXXB....

The VIX Is at it Again…

At the risk of beating a dead horse, let’s take another look at the Volatility Index (VIX)

20190313-MM-01.png

When we looked at this chart last week, we noted how the VIX was, once again, sitting right on its lower Bollinger Band. Previous similar setups often led to an immediate pop higher in volatility and an immediate decline in the broad stock market. We figured this was a caution sign for stocks heading into last week. And, exercising a little caution last week turned out to be a good thing. The S&P 500 started the week by gapping up to 2817. Then it reversed, and headed lower for five straight days.

https://www.jeffclarktrader.com/

I use Bollinger all the time in my trades, notice the closeness of the bands and the width. Big move coming