• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 12:53 PM

CORPORATE AMERICA WORRIED EDUCATING WAGE SLAVES MAY HURT MORALE

So far, just 20 firms have released the ratio, according to research firm Proxy Insights. At Umpqua Holdings, a regional bank, it was roughly 55 to 1. At Teva Pharmaceuticals, it was 302 to 1—though, according to Teva, which recently announced some 14,000 job cuts, its ratio wouldn’t have been so glaring if not for a one-time award to its C.E.O. of $10.2 million last year. (Now that that’s cleared up, rank-and-file employees presumably have nothing to complain about.) Apollo Global Management’s ratio was 1:1, if you exclude C.E.O. Leon Black’s $91 million in dividends from stock holdings, as Apollo made sure to do. And at industrial juggernaut Honeywell, where C.E.O. Darius Adamczyk took home $16.5 million last year, the ratio clocked in at a deeply awkward 333 to 1. According to Bloomberg, the median Honeywell employee was paid $50,296, and half of Honeywell’s 131,000 workers earn less.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."