MUELLER RALLY!

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,704 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 09:13 AM

Flat VXXB @ $32.75 trading only SDS.....  Waiting to see what the VIX smashers do next....

VXF signal = Cash

VST signal = SDS/VXXB

Good trading and the signal is very clear for now....  When the signal changes I will buy VXF again.... No guessing required.....

https://stockcharts....962&a=653980666

Yeah, go to let it show us where it wants to go

After the initial flurry of hectic trading it seems to be settling lower for a much bugger move. 

But, got to be careful because political issues seems to be having more influence that TA or FA today.

#22 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 09:20 AM

wow! This NQ trading is fun!

Yeah, It's fun for sure when you are making money..... I just follow the signals, but I do get whipsawed sometimes,  and that's not fun... An important point below for us trend traders. I don't guess I just trade the signals.....

Long = SDS  VXF = Cash

"But, got to be careful because political issues seems to be having more influence that TA or FA today."

Please read below Brother... NONE of THAT matters to my SYSTEM... I JUST TRADE THE SIGNALS....win, lose or draw....  VST trading is different, and much easier to get whipsawed. That is why I sell VXXB so quickly. However, the SDS and VXF are part of my trend system.  I have my own system, but trend traders live by the comments below - if you are a true trend trader and not a market guesser.

• At Fibtimer we are "trend followers." We respond to what "is" happening instead of predicting or forecasting what might happen. We "follow" price and allow the changes in price to tell us "when" to enter or exit a position.

Using price to determine trend does not allow trend traders to enter at the exact bottom, or to exit at the exact top. In fact, trend traders do not try to forecast the market, but instead let the market tell them when to trade and in what direction.

Trend traders wait patiently for prices to tell them a trend has begun. Then they jump on board. If the trend fails, they exit quickly to control losses. Price tells them when to enter "and" when to exit. If the trend continues, trend traders have no predetermined profit goal. They stay with the trend until it reverses.

Cutting losses quickly and staying with a trend until it ends is how trend traders realize huge profits in the financial markets. The financial markets are trending "about" 80% of the time. That means trend traders are profitable 80% of the time. During the other 20% trend traders keep losses very small so that they are ready when the next trend starts.

This does not mean 80% of their trades are winners, just that they are in the plus column for that 80%. If you have three losing trades of 2% and one winning trade of 18% in a year, you finish with a 12% gain, even though most trades were losers. This fits the old saying, "cut your losses short and let your winners run.

https://www.fibtimer..._commentary.asp

Edited by robo, 25 March 2019 - 09:29 AM.

“There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side”   Jesse L. Livermore

#23 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,704 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 09:50 AM

8-lots NQ long

4-lots NQ short

#24 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,704 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 10:23 AM

so that's the MUELLER rally?

fill the gap and then back down? 

#25 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 10:26 AM

8-lots NQ long

4-lots NQ short

Buying back VXXB....  VST trade....

LONG - SDS

“There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side”   Jesse L. Livermore

#26 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,704 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 10:27 AM

Could get a VIX hourly SELL later today

#27 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 12:05 PM

No i dont.  I only have very basic understanding of elliott wave.

I just see primary wave one down as oct 3 2018 to end of december 2018, then primary wave 2 up  dec 2018 low to recent highs...

This current move down is a C wave of an a-b-c which will bottom no later than tomorrow. We will be higher into April/ May and possibly into July. I do agree with lows in the usual Sept/Oct time frame but this bull has legs into possibly 3100. We definitely have a potential 10% upside from here. Cycles support this as well.

#28 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,704 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 12:48 PM

APPLE announced they are in the credit card business?

NQ snorted derisively and then headed South! 

#29 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,704 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 12:51 PM

No i dont.  I only have very basic understanding of elliott wave.

I just see primary wave one down as oct 3 2018 to end of december 2018, then primary wave 2 up  dec 2018 low to recent highs...

This current move down is a C wave of an a-b-c which will bottom no later than tomorrow. We will be higher into April/ May and possibly into July. I do agree with lows in the usual Sept/Oct time frame but this bull has legs into possibly 3100. We definitely have a potential 10% upside from here. Cycles support this as well.

After great trading markets since Nov 2016, we may get a boring, flat, slightly down Summer 2019

Edited by dTraderB, 25 March 2019 - 12:53 PM.

#30 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 01:32 PM

8-lots NQ long

4-lots NQ short

Buying back VXXB....  VST trade....

LONG - SDS

LONG - SDS and VXXB....  Placing a stop on my VST VXXB trade before I go to lunch to ensure it remains a winner....

Dear 

The following order executed on 03/25/2019 at 11:25 AM, Eastern time: 

Account: 
Transaction type: Buy
Order type: Market
Security: BARCLAYS IPATH SER B S&P 500 VIX SHORT TERM FUTURE ETN (VXXB)

Quantity: 500 share(s)
Price:* $31.67

I'm about done VST trading for the day, but I will hold my SDS shares until I get a daily sell signal... Waiting to buy VXF again "IF and When" I get the signal, and the trend changes.   I don't make guesses on when that will be....  I trade the trend which is currently down using  my daily data for VXF, but getting oversold....  I don't care what other sectors are doing, or CNBS, or the Fed, or.... you get my point.  I don't do waves either they make me sea sick!  I will always take profits quick on my VXXB trades, and buy and sell all day long if I like the setup....  SDS is a a swing for me.

Go ahead and BTFD if you want....

This is only one of my tranches, but I'm not going to show them all...  I show one so others that follow/track me know I'm NOT paper trading like some do....  The totals will always be somewhat higher

https://stockcharts....962&a=653980666

Edited by robo, 25 March 2019 - 01:41 PM.