Amazon Bans Books

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 01:16 PM

The ADL and the SPLC  have succeeded in pressuring Amazon to ban books on certain controversial historical matters.    http://www.unz.com/a...by-the-neocons/

Several outstanding works of black historiography were banned at the height of Black History Month, presumably because they provided a far more complex and nuanced view of the historical relations between blacks and Jews than the ADL and those in its orbit have long promoted.

One of the volumes published by Louis Farrakhan’s Nation of Islam, which I had only discovered and read last year, seemed to conclusively demonstrate that the circumstances of the ADL’s own establishment a century ago were almost exactly contrary to what I had long believed based upon my standard history books.  

I’m only familiar with a small fraction of the banned books, but can highly recommend the following half dozen:

The Leo Frank Case: The Lynching of a Guilty Man, by Nation of Islam Research Group, which I had discussed last year at considerable length in American Pravda: The ADL in American Society.

The Secret Relationship Between Blacks and Jews, Volume One, by the same organization, on the Jewish role in black American slavery.

The Culture of Critique, by Prof. Kevin MacDonald, on organized Jewish activist movements in America, originally published in 1998 by a leading academic press.

Breaking the Spell: The Holocaust, Myth & Reality, by Dr. Nicholas Kollerstrom, a British historian of science

The Hoax of the Twentieth Century, by Prof. Arthur Butz, the seminal text of Holocaust Denial

Stalin’s War of Extermination, by Dr. Joachim Hoffmann, a leading mainstream German military historian, presenting analysis that I had discussed last year in American Pravda: When Stalin Almost Conquered Europe.

-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#2 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 01:52 PM

Note: Some of the books banned by Amazon are available on Barnes and Noble.

-- -
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#3 *JB*

*JB*

• Traders-Talk User
  • 915 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 07:17 PM

Stocks

These posts are MOST confusing. Can you explain what point you're trying to make about these books the author mentions.
"Don't think...LOOK!"
Carl Swenlin, founder of Decision Point and original Fearless Forecasters board.

#4 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 09:23 AM

Stocks

These posts are MOST confusing. Can you explain what point you're trying to make about these books the author mentions.

It will be interesting to see if he answers your question.  I've asked him direct questions like yours at least a hundred times and he's not answered a single one. Maybe it's just me, maybe not...

By the way, thanks for asking one.

Edited by diogenes227, 29 March 2019 - 09:23 AM.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#5 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 10:30 AM

Stocks

It will be interesting to see if he answers your question.  I've asked him direct questions like yours at least a hundred times and he's not answered a single one. Maybe it's just me, maybe not...

By the way, thanks for asking one.

Still no answer to your question.  Is that making you wonder yet if this guy is real or not?

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#6 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 12:49 PM

Stocks

-

Amazon will sell you Mein Kampf and not Nation of Islam?  because?

New Zealand bookstore will sell you Mein Kampf but not Jordan Peterson?   

Amazon delegates it's book banning decisions to ADL and SPLC because?

We must all defer to their politicized, donor-financed decisions without question because?

(I will be posting more about the SPLC later)

New Zealand Retailer Pulls Jordan Peterson Book after Mosque Shootings https://www.national...sque-shootings/
-- -

#7 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 02:08 PM

Stocks

-

We must all defer to their politicized, donor-financed decisions without question because?

New Zealand Retailer Pulls Jordan Peterson Book after Mosque Shootings https://www.national...sque-shootings/

Wow!

First time he's answered a question.  Might be a coincidence but since he's answered with a raft of rhetorical questions of his own, he or she might have a sense of humor (are you a he or she?), or evolution has just been proven true as some chimpanzee finally discovers the question-mark key.

So why are they selectively banning these books and what does New Zealand have to do with it?

#8 *JB*

*JB*

• Traders-Talk User
  • 915 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 03:31 PM

Stocks

-

Amazon ''sells'' books by Louis Farrakhan. They may not ''carry'' them ... meaning fulfill the order. This is true of nearly half of everythimg that is sold thru their site.

The titles available vary day to day depending on what the outside merchants offer through Amazon. I just checked and today I saw 4 or so of his books available. I have bought 3 of Farrakhan's books through Amazon.

Amazon is no longer a book store but a general market.
"Don't think...LOOK!"
Carl Swenlin, founder of Decision Point and original Fearless Forecasters board.

#9 *JB*

*JB*

• Traders-Talk User
  • 915 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 04:14 PM

''Amazon delegates it's book banning decisions to ADL and SPLC because?

We must all defer to their politicized, donor-financed decisions without question because?''

This statement says a lot about how/what you think. It indicates a level of anti-Semitism and antijewish paranoia.

Edited by *JB*, 29 April 2019 - 04:15 PM.

"Don't think...LOOK!"

#10 hhh

hhh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 04:35 PM

I don't see anything anti-Semitic about the above quote.