Photo

ST, IT Long -- Best Q1 in 20 years followed by BIG DOWN Q2?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,413 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 08:18 AM

The TOP...another sign

When Chinese buy US sports teams. LOL

Alibaba co-founder about to become the sole owner of the Brooklyn Nets, the Barclays Center and Nassau Coliseum. The NBA wants Chinese expansion badly. Tsai could make that happen.

#12 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 09:15 AM

I'm a believer DTrader that you are correct about 2nd QTR, BIG Volatility ahead, though I believe it won't happen until AFTER new all-time highs are reached.  We have another 7-8% upside followed by a 15% downside.  According to Armstrong https://www.armstron...-panic-of-2019/  a currency panic will be the catalyst.  This makes sense to me.  The Cycles Roadmap is steady to up into the month of May.  

I'm still Long and will remain thru April.  I will soon be exiting my EM equities as well as taking gains on select equities and gradually moving into CD's and T-Bills.

#13 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 09:25 AM

I'm a believer DTrader that you are correct about 2nd QTR, BIG Volatility ahead, though I believe it won't happen until AFTER new all-time highs are reached.  We have another 7-8% upside followed by a 15% downside.  According to Armstrong https://www.armstron...-panic-of-2019/  a currency panic will be the catalyst.  This makes sense to me.  The Cycles Roadmap is steady to up into the month of May.  

I'm still Long and will remain thru April.  I will soon be exiting my EM equities as well as taking gains on select equities and gradually moving into CD's and T-Bills.

I trade much shorter time frames, but the trades are free so I can adjust quickly.. Back on a buy signal until it's not....

Good trading....

Long VXF until the next signal and then back to cash....

I bought some VXXB @ $29.31 for a VST trade....

I  can't rule out this buy will fail..... Whipsaw.....

Today Could Get Noisy

After a week of going nowhere, the stock market is set to make a big move today.

The S&P 500 started the week at about 2800. It closed yesterday at 2815. So… yawn. 

Most traders would have been better off napping through the week rather than waiting for something to happen in the stock market. Now, though, all of that inactivity has stored up a lot of energy and has created a technical picture that could lead to an explosive move today.

Look at this 15-minute chart of the S&P 500…

Edited by robo, 29 March 2019 - 09:34 AM.

“There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side”   Jesse L. Livermore

#14 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,413 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 10:53 AM

LYFT IPO opening price represents more than $20 billion market cap

Reminds one of the 2000 dot com boom

UBER coming next

Froth fizzling unreal market, similar to 2000

#15 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,413 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 11:12 AM

A FED-der gets less dovish? 

Fed's Quarles says more rate hikes could be ahead 'at some point' as economy improves

This is a developing news story. Please check back for updates:

https://www.cnbc.com...some-point.html

#16 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,220 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 11:24 AM

So the economy outlook is improving..  New Home Sales is up, and is improving, so it is no longer negative...   Current GDP Growth has improved from .9 to 1.6 over the last couple months, and earnings continue to improve although slowly...    I do see many here are getting beared up..  I don't see it, even though contrary sentiment does show the overall investor investing bearishly.

#17 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 11:58 AM

So the economy outlook is improving..  New Home Sales is up, and is improving, so it is no longer negative...   Current GDP Growth has improved from .9 to 1.6 over the last couple months, and earnings continue to improve although slowly...    I do see many here are getting beared up..  I don't see it, even though contrary sentiment does show the overall investor investing bearishly.

" I do see many here are getting beared up."  Is this site the smart money or the dumb money?  The smart money is not so excited based on the current data..

Maybe here, but not by the data I'm using and tracking overall for retail traders.  The current sentiment level for the dumb money remains very high... (Bullish) Not so for the smart money. I get my data from Sentiment Trader.

None of it matters to me since I trade signals....even though I track the data. Waiting to see how we close today....  My VXF data is back long.... (Breakout or Fakeout...we shall see how it plays out.)  Maybe a whipsaw, but I take the signals....

Edited by robo, 29 March 2019 - 12:01 PM.

“There is only one side to the stock market; and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side”   Jesse L. Livermore

#18 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,413 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 12:41 PM

"excitement is too much for me"

really high-volume hectic markets!

#19 robo

robo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 12:54 PM

"excitement is too much for me"

really high-volume hectic markets!

A really boring day for sure...  long some VXF and I bought some VXXB for a daytrade. 

LOL...  I'm up a few sixpacks....

The following order executed on 03/29/2019 at 10:11 AM, Eastern time: 

Account: 
Transaction type: Buy
Order type: Market
Security: BARCLAYS IPATH SER B S&P 500 VIX SHORT TERM FUTURE ETN (VXXB)
Quantity: 200 share(s)

Price:* $29.38

The move looks weak, but I trade the signals...VST trading from the long side using VXF. The trades are free so I might sell before the close and wait to see how it plays out Monday. Waiting....and very bored....  The DM is still at 74 and they be loving stocks....  I DO NOT guess on what will happen next -  I'm just waiting for the next signal, and at some point the next trend that "COULD" be a nice move....  Please pass the popcorn Brother!

https://stockcharts....390&a=653980590

Good Trading....   

I'm still trading GDXJ too....  So just how many times has GDXJ moved below the 50 DMA since we bottomed last year? Does this pattern tell us anything?  Maybe!  We shall see.... day two below the 50 DMA

https://stockcharts....872&a=653980680

Edited by robo, 29 March 2019 - 01:02 PM.

#20 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,413 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 01:19 PM

But LARRY is doing all he can to create excitement and close Q1 with a bang! 

White House advisor Larry Kudlow says Fed should 'immediately' cut rates

This is a developing news story. Please check back for updates:

https://www.cnbc.com...tes-report.html