Photo

Retail crowd right vs Professionals wrong?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 Data

Data

• Validating
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 08:58 PM

There's too much wild fluctuation in that chart to be useful.  There are tables for the monthly treasury statement with receipts, outlays, deficit/surplus, and another column for financing through extraordinary means which is what the current period falls under for the most part.

Tax receipts are based upon accounting fictions. You can't get any useful information from that, ESPECIALLY when the corporate tax rate has been cut.

Thank you.

But strange that it precedes grey areas, or is it just nothing? Another question - how the gov is going to pay interest on it's debt?

#12 Data

Data

• Validating
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 09:37 PM

It looks like there was another huge tax break allowing companies to defer taxes on overseas operations.  There was one in the mid 2000s and another more recent one favoring the large oil companies.

#13 flyers&divers

flyers&divers

• TT Patron+
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 10:09 PM

Light volume while the market is trending means there is repricing without heavy participation - no urgency, more or less an agreement.

When large volume appears there is more participation, more urgency and disagreement.

Relatively narrow price fluctuations while the market is trending, like now, also mean lack of urgency, meaning unequal opposing forces. Now bulls are in control.

This is not a trader's market, (unless one focuses on trading issues in rotation) it has been a buy and hold which drives two way swing traders crazy.

One should maneuver between volatility bands. The first time I spotted an overbought condition on my 60 min charts where the price could not penetrate the top of the band - and the AD line had a similar configuration, I would consider shorting.

f&d

"Successful trading is more about Sun Tzu then Elliott." F&D