Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#2 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 11:32 AM

Is cool but a person may end up paying more for commissions than getting profits lol!!!

#3 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,998 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 05:48 PM

I can remember how my minimum commission was $95 per side...

M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#4 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 06:17 PM

I know, i remember when I was day trading back in 88 and I paid out over $300 for making a .50 cent profit lol!!  Back in those days we had to be accurate, today its so easy  with the free live charts!  I still only use regular and slow stochastics if I'm day trading and they work pretty good catching turns. 

#5 flyers&divers

flyers&divers

• TT Patron+
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 11:17 PM

In 79 I bought an exchange seat to trade Sugar for $2 a pop instead of $35 retail. 40 yrs later retail came down to almost same.

The  most useful feature of the micros is that people learning to trade with small accounts can move in and out of the market

without triggering the daytrade rule. Once a trader is successful the profits are tax advantaged, taxed 60 pct long term and 40 pct short term rates.

For the more advanced it will allow very flexible incremental hedging of other holdings.

I expect these contracts to be hugely popular. As index prices rise due to inflation  the mini will be more and more outsized for the retail and micro's will overtake the mini. 

The ES is so liquid that chart formations discussed in threads show (when the ES is reasonably active) well down to the 15 second bar chart scale.

Trading ES starting when London opens in the morning til NY regular close is like a marathon session with literally dozens of opportunities.

Symbols: MES, MNQ, M2K, MYM

f&d

"Successful trading is more about Sun Tzu then Elliott." F&D

#6 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 07:45 AM

I heard that the fees will be about 50% less, so about $2.50 area with everything for a round turn.

Buying dips in ES with small stops really doesn't work as the volatility goes up, the small stops work better for shorting tops, but still on a small account it's tough, the micros will allow you to give a trade more room without wiping out your account if it goes against you, once up to 20k can probably trade ES more.

Edited by CLK, 04 May 2019 - 07:48 AM.

#7 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 07:58 AM

Even if you have a large account, the micros will let you take more trades with marginal setups but less risk on the downside.

#8 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 02:03 PM

In 79 I bought an exchange seat to trade Sugar for $2 a pop instead of $35 retail. 40 yrs later retail came down to almost same.

The  most useful feature of the micros is that people learning to trade with small accounts can move in and out of the market

without triggering the daytrade rule. Once a trader is successful the profits are tax advantaged, taxed 60 pct long term and 40 pct short term rates.

For the more advanced it will allow very flexible incremental hedging of other holdings.

I expect these contracts to be hugely popular. As index prices rise due to inflation  the mini will be more and more outsized for the retail and micro's will overtake the mini. 

The ES is so liquid that chart formations discussed in threads show (when the ES is reasonably active) well down to the 15 second bar chart scale.

Trading ES starting when London opens in the morning til NY regular close is like a marathon session with literally dozens of opportunities.

Symbols: MES, MNQ, M2K, MYM

f&d

It is interesting, I remember when there was only the big contract, always shocked with how fast fills were considering you called in the trade then it went to a runner.  When the e-mini was introduced I thought OMG its way to small who would want to use it lol!  My first thought was the same after these but in todays world your right will be a great training ground for up and comers!!