Short

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Bearearns

Bearearns

• Traders-Talk User
  • 709 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 03:05 PM

I shorted the close per what I see. Maybe after hours highs. But im targeting 24xx area so will see.

#2 q4wer

q4wer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 05:12 PM

go short ! 

#3 q4wer

q4wer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 05:13 PM

put level is very low :)

#4 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 06:52 PM

Buy and hold ETF's is the only option. When you've lost all your money after many years of trying to time the market, 

you will finally give up and do what the experts said do all along, buy and hold. In the event of a crash, average down.

At least you don't have to sell or take expired losses with futures, options or margin, and your money will still be there to withdraw someday.

#5 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 08:19 PM

Buy and hold ETF's is the only option. When you've lost all your money after many years of trying to time the market, 

you will finally give up and do what the experts said do all along, buy and hold. In the event of a crash, average down.

At least you don't have to sell or take expired losses with futures, options or margin, and your money will still be there to withdraw someday.

The other option and the one I personally use (even NOW) is selling call credit spreads on the $SPX.  I went short the 2950/long 2975 call credit spread this morning.  Expiring Friday.  

#6 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 09:29 PM

The other option and the one I personally use (even NOW) is selling call credit spreads on the $SPX.  I went short the 2950/long 2975 call credit spread this morning.  Expiring Friday.  

I just get tired of the risk though. My Jan. 3200 calls I got shaken out of are almost back to all time highs, seems there is always

something that happens, either I bail too early or just expire worthless. This is most likely the best time for long dated calls, markets aren't always like this though, been kind of sideways for the last couple years. I know the leverage can work, but a loss you usually never get it back. 

#7 q4wer

q4wer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 11:20 PM

I shorted 2945 call longed 2950 for 0.45 point after the news went out,  spx went up to 2930 and then went down, so I chased to short the calls. 

#8 Bearearns

Bearearns

• Traders-Talk User
  • 709 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 08:40 AM

Closed short for loss at 2956.5 area

#9 Bearearns

Bearearns

• Traders-Talk User
  • 709 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 10:06 AM

Long 2950 area for day trade or few day trade. Looking for 25 points or so