#1 TTHQ Staff

TTHQ Staff

www.TTHQ.com

• Admin
  • 8,597 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 08:04 AM

Posted Image

Healthy and Expected

We had suggested that we would see a pullback today, and we got it. We also said it probably wouldn't be much, and it wasn't. There's probably some more selling in store, but I suspect that it won't be as much as the Bears hope.

DOW: Typical healthy consolidation.

Posted Image

S&P500: Similarly the S&P pulled back too. There's some good support below.

Posted Image

NDX: The Nasdaq is looking good here, and is just gathering energy.

Posted Image

QQQ: I'm a buyer of the Q's on more weakness.

Posted Image

HUI: I'm very impressed by the Gold Miners in here. We're probably going to get a pullback soon, but maybe from appreciably higher.

Posted Image

XAU: The XAU supports the above contention.

Posted Image

HMY: I've always liked Harmony, though it's not playing as well as some of the others.

Posted Image

BDH: I'd love to see the Broadband stocks take off. It looks like they are completing an ABC correction.

Posted Image

BKX: The Banks are holding above support.

Posted Image

GSS: Gold Star was up huge today. It's one of our holdings. I'm sure that many of you hold this one at 4.17 and if so, you have to be happy campers. We didn't give an explicit "Buy" (we thought we had a little bit more time), so we will not take it for the track record.

Posted Image

REV: Let's not chase the Revlon.

Posted Image

PFE: Pfizer is on of the better drugs. I'm an owner and a buyer.

Posted Image

VZ: Nuts. Just missed the Verizon.

Posted Image

BMY: I'm also a holder and buyer of BMY for Long-term accounts. I note that this one pays a 4.82% dividend. That beats a money market and a lot of CD's.

Posted Image

JDSU: Let's try to take some of the risk out of the JDSU and buy on a pullback.

Posted Image

MRK: Merk is also one that is in my sights.

Posted Image

NXG: Let's see if we can't get a pullback in Northgate.

Posted Image

RIG: Back to Doug's Transocean Offshore. We've had some fun with this one in the past.

Posted Image

Summary:
We'll probably see some more selling ahead of the weekend, but with expiration, it probably won't amount to much. If it does, I'd say it's a buy.

Stay constructive on the market, but make sure you use stops on the stocks. This isn't a super healthy market, in which everything will go up. If a stock stumbles on earnings, they'll bomb it.

Be Well, and Trade Smarter Than the Average Bear!
Mark, Doug, and Holly
-The ChartSmarts Team

Current Positions & Watch List Summary