Photo

Sentiment Poll for the Week of Nov. 17, 2003

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Sentiment Poll for the Week of Nov. 17, 2003 (82 member(s) have cast votes)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 14 November 2003 - 04:16 PM

#2 calb

calb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 November 2003 - 04:19 PM

how about this Short hedged with sector plays Plan to buy weakness plan to short strength

#3 TechSkeptic

TechSkeptic

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 14 November 2003 - 05:31 PM

How about "plan to reduce longs on strength" (which I've started doing already by tightening stops and exercising some employee options).

#4 U.F.O.

U.F.O.

U.F.O.

• TT Patron+
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 14 November 2003 - 10:55 PM

I'm reading a chorus of "reduce longs on strength" and "get out on the next rise" comments on the board tonight. In general I'm fairly non-prejudiced on market direction as long as I can catch the IT and don't believe in baiting traders going my opposite. I'll go short a market (short currently) just as fast as I'll go long so please don't interpret this as a "this" to anyone looking for a move higher here. I do believe, however, that if current psychology is changing to a more widespread "sell strength" profile, the market probably won't give anyone an opportunity to accomplish that objective.

ufo
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
~Benjamin Franklin~

#5 blustar

blustar

blustar

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,138 posts

Posted 15 November 2003 - 06:09 PM

My work says it will, ufo. Better to not fade the FF too often. I learned that early. blu

Blessings,

blu

BluStar Market Insights Subscriptions

#6 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 15 November 2003 - 06:42 PM

#7 U.F.O.

U.F.O.

U.F.O.

• TT Patron+
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 15 November 2003 - 09:54 PM

Can't see how it's a fade blustar.

If you look above you'll see the positioned longs and shorts almost exactly equal. If you have any position right now you're fading someone on FF, aren't you? I know your EW work calls for possible new highs before a major pullback.....could happen. The difference in what you do and what I do is you try to predict the future, in general I react to the present. If I can react quickly enough I'm on trend and make money. Since I don't have to spend countless hours hunched over my crystal ball trying to devine the future, I have the liberty and time to practice these reactive skills and you know something.....it works more often than not. Also, since I'm reacting to documented history I don't have to argue with anyone who doesn't agree with my clairvoyant skills or change my predictions 4 times a week as new data becomes available. To each his own. Whatever floats our respective boats. My work tells me that I got short Monday afternoon via a 2x leveraged fund that has a profit in it right now. How's your work performing up to Friday's close?

ufo
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
~Benjamin Franklin~

#8 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 16 November 2003 - 07:55 PM