6 replies to this topic

#1 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 03:23 PM

:)
Just a few of the ways to use BOP indicator. The last chart is BOVO and is BOP*VOLUME.
Also any stock or index that has O H L C can be used with the BOP. Using BOP on HUI & XAU
is very useful. Questions or comments welcome. :cat:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#2 Not Too Swift

Not Too Swift

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 03:49 PM

The interesting thing to me is that on the charts where you have drawn a vertical line, BOP peaked a day or two before price.
I let the market tell me what to do. The trouble is she mumbles a lot, and I'm hard of hearing.

1576 ONO. Upside down, reverse, inside out, snort...

#3 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 05:36 PM

The interesting thing to me is that on the charts where you have drawn a vertical line, BOP peaked a day or two before price.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:D :) a BUY/SELL signal maybe? I move the verticals from each peak and valley as they occure.
Combinations of cycles are very good predictors for the type of trading I do the most often. Below is the comparisons of your signal and mine, as well as 34SMA & 34EMA. Thanks for your interest and the best to you and yours. B)

The best line up I could come up with is below and IMO, the patterns are close enough. The interesting thing is your line is on lower numbers, at the end yours is below "0" and mine is slightly above. Again close enough in patterns and direction.

Posted Image
Posted Image

There are times when these are very different and times when they vary only a little.
Posted Image
Good luck in all you do, mss
:cat:
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#4 nebt

nebt

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 05:53 PM

Posted Image

Here is the same code by NTS but with 55 hourly bars.
Will let the market reveal itself, so that I may join its journey.

#5 Not Too Swift

Not Too Swift

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 05:58 PM

Another great chart. Thanks. The difference puzzles me too. At one point I was convinced that our plots have a .06 offset between them, but they are shaped slightly different too. I believe we are using the same formula, but that the data I am getting from Yahoo for ^gspc is slightly different from what you are using. I also see a similar difference if I use spy instead. If another coder can find a bug in the code I posted, I would be very interested in seeing it. I compared the formulas line by line with your correction post. I am going to start watching those peaks and valleys daily too. Thanks, Swift
I let the market tell me what to do. The trouble is she mumbles a lot, and I'm hard of hearing.

#6 Not Too Swift

Not Too Swift

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 06:06 PM

nebt, Interesting chart. Even with BOP 55, the peaks and valleys are still coincident. I am surprised that it does not begin to lag noticeably. Swift

#7 EagleTrader

EagleTrader

• TT Member
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 07:11 AM

Once again a post worth saving for reference. Thanks guys. I will go through the formula for BOP which MSS posted and learn about it..