• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 07:54 PM

History is a wonderfull thing, if you don't get hooked on the fact that ''IT WILL ALWAYS REPEAT''because sometimes it will not repeat. Notice the pattern on the ASA charts below and come to your own conclusion.Posted ImagePosted Image
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#2 Islander

Islander

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 29 September 2003 - 07:02 PM

I don't think the cycle is what is driving AU right now. I believe the dollar & bonds are the likely drivers. By Mid year 2004 I think the TYX will approximate 6%. I suspect gold will move toward XAU 100 before the end of Oct 2003. I am looking at ASA, NEM and ABX as longs for the next 6 months or so. Is there a better way to play this set up? Islander

#3 PIK.

PIK.

• TT Member+
  • 837 posts

Posted 29 September 2003 - 07:14 PM

Islander, I like NEM, but if you want to diversify some, try SCGDX. Don't let this one fool you since it is a fund as it can generate very good returns. Also, the Gold ETF is scheduled to be out soon (maybe by year-end) so that should continue to bring gold into the public attention. I personally think $HUI might pull back alot more. If it gets below the 50 SMA and 180 it should re-test the top of the large ascending triangle pattern it broke which should be a great entry point if your not already long. Good luck.
Trade based on what you see happening, not what someone else thinks or hopes will happen.

#4 Mike

Mike

• Traders-Talk User
  • 389 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 09:52 AM

Regarding gold funds, look at PMPIX it returns 150% of the XAU.

#5 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 06:22 PM

Regarding gold funds, look at PMPIX it returns 150% of the XAU.

Hi Mike, :lol:
Where do you see PMPIX finding a bottom?
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!