Share ONE thing you know for SURE about trading

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#41 VermeerUK

VermeerUK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 747 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 10:33 AM

A healthy dose of 'Common-sense' mixed with a little 'Patience'.....increases the chances for trading success in the long-run........Let the trading set-ups come to you(i.e..master the art of patience)....Don't let yourself be dragged in to chasing set-ups(i.e...show impatience) Regards.V

#42 colours

colours

• Traders-Talk User
  • 427 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 10:59 AM

" If it's that obvious , it's obviously wrong " ................. Joe Granville

#43 flyers&divers

flyers&divers

• TT Patron+
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 10:59 AM

When you have that King-Kong feeling stop trading for a while. In this business only the sky is the limit. Our personality is the gravity.
"Successful trading is more about Sun Tzu then Elliott." F&D

#44 securelstmile

securelstmile

• Banned
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 11:07 AM

I AM CONVINCED ABOUT THS:

"MR. MARKET" IS ACTUALLY  "MRS. MARKET"  ONLY WOMEN  CAN THINK, AND ACT  THE WAY THE MARKET DOES. THAT IS WHY -ON AVERAGE -WOMEN ARE BETTER TRADERS THAN MEN, THEY UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY DEALING WITH!

I MEAN THIS AS A COMPLIMENT TO ALL  WOMEN TRADERS.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Men hunt, women nest.

I see it with the way men handle the remote control too! Why are you guys always hunting for something?

I am just a nesting turkey sitting on some winners while they win. :)
The harder I work, the luckier I get.

#45 Vector

Vector

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 01:53 PM

Knowing more about how *I* work than how the market works!

#46 Vector

Vector

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 02:03 PM

I AM CONVINCED ABOUT THS:

"MR. MARKET" IS ACTUALLY  "MRS. MARKET"   ONLY WOMEN  CAN THINK, AND ACT  THE WAY THE MARKET DOES. THAT IS WHY -ON AVERAGE -WOMEN ARE BETTER TRADERS THAN MEN, THEY UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY DEALING WITH!

I MEAN THIS AS A COMPLIMENT TO ALL  WOMEN TRADERS.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Men hunt, women nest.

I see it with the way men handle the remote control too! Why are you guys always hunting for something?

I am just a nesting turkey sitting on some winners while they win. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do that too! Works great! :lol:

Less is more

Trade less, hold [winners] more.

Increasing trading frequency just increases decisions which thus increases trading error potentials

Edited by Vector, 08 July 2005 - 02:08 PM.

#47 SanchoPanza

SanchoPanza

• Traders-Talk User
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 02:09 PM

"I never benefited much from a move if I did not get in at somewhere near the beginning of that move. And the reason is that I missed the backlog of profit which is very necessary to provide the courage and patience to sit through a move until the end comes." Jesse Livermore/ How to Trade in Stocks

Edited by SanchoPanza, 08 July 2005 - 02:10 PM.

#48 Mike

Mike

• Traders-Talk User
  • 389 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 03:21 PM

From the KISS camp: never buy when the RSI is over 70, be patient & wait for the inevitable pullback.

#49 Vector

Vector

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 03:43 PM

never plunge, in or out, of the market. Move in deliberately slow adjusting steps over time. How do you know if you are overtrading and/or overleverged? Simple! You feel "rushed" or compelled to plunge. Spend MUCH more time picking stocks (or trade setups) than timing the overall market. Depending SOLELY on the latter as a way to earn return is doomed to failure and for most a quick ticket into the poor house.

Edited by Vector, 08 July 2005 - 03:47 PM.

#50 Vector

Vector

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 03:52 PM

Don't make any presumptions when entering into a new trade that you are going to be an investor or trader on it. It will tell you the answer depending on how it pans out later. Just don't let a loser run. Objective is to get into a winning position and then stick with it as long as possible. Cutting a winner prematurely is more deadly and costly than hanging onto a loser for too long.

Edited by Vector, 08 July 2005 - 03:53 PM.