Vitamin C 'helps to fight cancer'....

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 02:51 PM

Hi everyone, according to an article from BBC NEWS entitled, "Vitamin C 'helps to fight cancer'" "High doses of vitamin C injected into the bloodstream may help fight cancer, a US study says.

Scientists found that intravenous vitamin C in the form of ascorbate killed cancer cells in lab tests.

The findings contradict earlier studies, but the Maryland-based Institutes of Health said they had looked at lower-dose oral vitamin C.

Cancer experts said the "overwhelming" evidence still suggested vitamin C was not an effective treatment.

Studies in the 1970s first suggested the administration of high doses of vitamin C could help treat cancer, but later research did not back this up.

In the latest study, published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, researchers conducted laboratory experiments which simulated clinical infusions of vitamin C on a range of nine cancer and four normal cells.

In five of the cancer lines, there was a 50% decrease in cell survival, while normal cells were unaffected.

A more detailed look at lymphoma cells - which were especially sensitive to ascorbate - showed they were killed completely.

The effective dose was around four millimoles, a concentration much higher than an oral dose but easily achievable by intravenous infusion."

Thanks very much to snorkels4, Sentient Being, calmcookie, gorydog, kisacik, and outsider for your contributions here.

Cheers, :)

Bob-C
Disclaimer: None of my posts are meant to be taken as investment advice or trading advice. Do your own due diligence and consult your financial advisor before making any trades or investments.

#2 Wallcrawler

Wallcrawler

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 03:10 PM

One of the reasons that the Drug industry is fighting to have it called a drug. I have a ton of stuff on this Bob-C... I can send to you if interested...I can post it here if others are interested. An old friend of mine (haven't seen him for awhile- but have an idea where he is) had full blown brain tumors...given a short period of time to live... went on a Vit C program along with a juicing program and well... no trace of it... He used to do talks on it and believe he has a book as well. Not sure if he does talks still or not.

Edited by Wallcrawler, 13 September 2005 - 03:15 PM.

$ No more effort is required to aim high in life, or to demand excellence and success than is required to accept failure and poverty. $ ~ Anonomous

#3 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 03:16 PM

Hi everyone, here's an article about the benefits of a powerful antioxidant (quenches free radicals) and bioflavonoid (a member of the vitamin P (permeability group) that works synergistically ("interaction of different things so that their combined effect is greater than the sum of [the] individual effects") with vitamin C ) named OPC (Oligomeric Proanthocyanidins). Note, I have no connection with the nutrient supplement or pharmaceutical industry. I use OPC, vitamin C including ester C and many other nutraceuticals such as coenzyme Q10 and quercetin (a powerful bioflavonoid and antioxidant) and have benefited from using them. :)

Bob-C
Disclaimer: None of my posts are meant to be taken as investment advice or trading advice. Do your own due diligence and consult your financial advisor before making any trades or investments.

#4 Wallcrawler

Wallcrawler

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 03:23 PM

It seems you are already well informed - COOLNESS!!!! - No sense in making money unless one wants to live longer to to see it put to good use and so on!!! - WC
$ No more effort is required to aim high in life, or to demand excellence and success than is required to accept failure and poverty. $ ~ Anonomous

#5 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 03:28 PM

One of the reasons that the Drug industry is fighting to have it called a drug.

I have a ton of stuff on this Bob-C... I can send to you if interested...I can post it here if others are interested. 

An old friend of mine (haven't seen him for awhile- but have an idea where he is) had full blown brain tumors...given a short period of time to live... went on a Vit C program along with a juicing program and well... no trace of it... He used to do talks on it and believe he has a book as well.  Not sure if he does talks still or not.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Wallcrawler, nice to hear from you; thanks very much for your comments and insights. :) If you can afford the time, please post your valuable information; it will be a help to everyone-thanks. :) If the drug industry could patent and gain a lock on vitamin C and other nutrients they would proclaim their benefits while reaping enormous profits! There is an ongoing worldwide effort by pharmaceutical giants to prevent people from having access to neutraceuticals (vitamins, minerals, herbs etc.).

Bob-C

#6 Wallcrawler

Wallcrawler

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 03:37 PM

There is an ongoing worldwide effort by pharmaceutical giants to prevent people from having access to neutraceuticals (vitamins, minerals, herbs etc.).

BANG ON !!! my friend.../ neutraceuticals - love that term (never heard that one)

I will gather up some of the stuff I have... Keep checking this thread.

WC

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just for starters - It's the what you are/ and are not eating...

This stuff is deadly -

ASPARTAME
http://www.ecologist...?content_id=451

snip<Aspartame is the most controversial food additive in history. The most recent evidence, linking it to leukaemia and lymphoma, has added substantial fuel to the ongoing protests of doctors, scientists and consumer groups who allege that this artificial sweetener should never have been released onto the market and that allowing it to remain in the food chain is killing us by degrees.>snip

Edited by Wallcrawler, 13 September 2005 - 03:45 PM.

#7 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 04:09 PM

There is an ongoing worldwide effort by pharmaceutical giants to prevent people from having access to neutraceuticals (vitamins, minerals, herbs etc.).

BANG ON !!! my friend.../ neutraceuticals - love that term (never heard that one)

I will gather up some of the stuff I have... Keep checking this thread.

WC

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just for starters - It's the what you are/ and are not eating...

This stuff is deadly -

ASPARTAME

snip<Aspartame is the most controversial food additive in history. The most recent evidence, linking it to leukaemia and lymphoma, has added substantial fuel to the ongoing protests of doctors, scientists and consumer groups who allege that this artificial sweetener should never have been released onto the market and that allowing it to remain in the food chain is killing us by degrees.>snip

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks very much Wallcrawler for your comments and valuable contribution about Aspartame; you're right on target! :) Here is some information on the term neutraceutical.

Bob-C

#8 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 04:12 PM

healthwatch site I started yesterday for assembling related articles by authoritative sources:

http://hiker-healthwatch.blogspot.com/

Cheers, Bob... your efforts to broaden health related awareness is commendable.

Ever read The Greatest Salesman in the World by Og Mandino...Scroll 1 in that book starts out with:

I shall form good habits and become their slave.

Edited by hiker, 13 September 2005 - 04:15 PM.

#9 TechSkeptic

TechSkeptic

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 04:46 PM

hiker, I checked it out, like the site, especially the article on "what to eat". I must confess I still have a long way to go in reducing starchy and sugary foods, but the info presented on your site and in this thread is an inspiration to start along that path. Best, TS

#10 blackcloud

blackcloud

• Traders-Talk User
  • 624 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 04:52 PM

This might be of help.

http://ahha.org/codex.htm

Edited by blackcloud, 13 September 2005 - 04:53 PM.