• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 04:34 PM

Mine has twice..the lastest early this morning when I took him for a walk. Last time it took 6 months for me to get rid of the smell....this time only an hour. This formula really is fantastic.
Just in case you need it...bookmark it.

http://dan.drydog.co...yann/skunk.html

#2 esther231

esther231

• TT Member+
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 04:46 PM

Well, that's interesting. I've used tomatoe juice. It's been decent but I see they don't think it works. It does usually take two baths to get it off though so they could be right.
When I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

#3 Wallcrawler

Wallcrawler

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 04:48 PM

Mine has twice..the lastest early this morning when I took him for a walk. Last time it took 6 months for me to get rid of the smell....this time only an hour. This formula really is fantastic.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OH YA!!!! - Had a purebred Boxer... Who would go down to my families ranch where we'ed do some dirt biking etc... Well did he get nailed... and yes it took months to get rid of the smell... powerful!!!!... Natures tear gas... Thanx for the link!!!-WC
$ No more effort is required to aim high in life, or to demand excellence and success than is required to accept failure and poverty. $ ~ Anonomous

#4 moorso

moorso

• Traders-Talk User
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 05:16 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup, I'll vouch for it. Use the same formula on my black lab who seems to enjoy getting touched up by the little black and white rascal. In fact 3 times in the last month or so :lol: (little sob, I wanna kill him) :cry:
mOOrso

#5 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 05:54 PM

thanks, em...

#6 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,998 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 07:07 PM

as a six year old i got skunked...whew! still getting that smell out.

#7 SideShowBob

SideShowBob

• TT Member*
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 07:15 PM

Only wimps bathe after getting skunked!!! Wear your skunk odor proudly as a badge of courage!!!

#8 esther231

esther231

• TT Member+
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 07:25 PM

lol I think I'm gonna move my computer away from SideShowBob for a bit.
When I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

#9 esther231

esther231

• TT Member+
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 07:29 PM

Seriously, peroxide is diluted bleach. So do mind what they say about the eyes. And mind what they say about using it outside or with the window open. Mixing bleach and liquid soap can release a gas that can damage your lungs. It's one of the more common household accidents that happen.

#10 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 08:51 PM

Sorry but peroxide is not diluted bleach. I buy it by the gallon and use it every day. It can irritate the skin but not as much as skunk can irritate the nose. :lol: I was going to give you the skunk recipe but you have it already! Clorox is sodium hypochlorite, a chlorine bleach. Peroxide is HOOH. In other words: water with an extra molecule of Oxygen attached. It is unstable that's why it's in a brown bottle. Sunlight will break it down into water and oxygen. It is a remarkable product which can be safely used on furniture, carpets, and clothing to remove organic stains. You can "kick it up a notch" with a little ammonia. (for fabrics only) Add steam heat and you're in the cleaning business. It probably works similar to "Oxy-Clean." It has also been mixed with metals to propell torpedos!

Edited by Rogerdodger, 15 September 2005 - 09:02 PM.