COFFEE, NEW STUDY

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 Jnavin

Jnavin

• TT Member*
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 03:40 PM

Roger: amazing, I am in training for St. Patrick's Day myself and I employ the same method: nice pints of the Irish homeopathic remedy from the Guiness family.

#12 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 04:13 PM

CC, Could I just pick any leaves from the trees in the garden, or does the "green" have to more specific? Could I skip broccoli :) ?
It is not the doing that is difficult, but the knowing

It's the illiquidity, stupid !

#13 Chart Guru Doug

Chart Guru Doug

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 05:47 PM

Does lime in beer count as greens? If so, I think I had to much green stuff last weekend and got a little sick from it :lol: Maybe I can blend up some $10 bills, that is the only leafy green stuff up here in Minnesota this time of year... :P CC What were you taking to lower your acid level?
I am not your registered investment advisor. This is not a recomendation to buy or sell. This is my opinion and that is all. I may be long or short any security and change my position at any given moment in time. Do your own due diligence before investing any of your own financial assets.

#14 maineman

maineman

maineman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 08:12 AM

I've been practicing Internal Medicine since becoming Board Certified in 1986. In all that time I've never once signed a death certificate "Due to Coffee". In fact, I've never admitted a patient to the hospital with an admitting diagnosis of "Coffee-related-illness". But, as a scientist committed to the principles of the scientific method I will always keep an open mind when the statistically proven and peer-reviewed studies teach me otherwise. Until then, as always, I'll go with science over testimonials. My patient's lives are on the line... maineman
He who laughs laughs laughs laughs.

My Blog -Maineman Market Advice

#15 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 08:45 AM

If people are enjoying good health ... they have sufficient energy to enjoy daily tasks, they're free of headaches and other pain, they have no symptoms of illness (such as infections, frequent colds, or more serious problems, like asthma, diabetes, depression, lupus etc etc and they're objective numbers are decent (HDL cholesterol, blood pressure, triglycerides, HbA1C, fasting insulin levels) .... THEN, I SAY, JUST KEEP DOING WHATEVER IT IS YOU'VE BEEN DOING ... if you drink coffee, then keep drinking coffee, if you enjoy wine, then keep drinking wine, if you have pop tarts for breakfast every morning then go for it. No need to change or try anything else.

BUT, if you are having health problems, then the only solution is to at least TRY something different ... if you keep believing what you've been believing (and therefore take the same actions you've always taken) then you'll keep achieving what you've been achieving.

And just because a doctor has never admitted a patient with "coffee related illness" does NOT mean that coffee hasn't negatively affected the persons health. I know several good physicians who recommend that their patients get off coffee. But, moderation can work .... so if it works for you ... just keep the same habits you've always had. RESULTS ARE EVERYTHING.

If you're getting the trading results you want, there's no need to change tactics or look for other strategies ... same things applies to health.

Longevity and vitality to all, C.C.

Edited by calmcookie, 13 February 2006 - 08:49 AM.

#16 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 08:17 PM

Subjective, yes; anecdotal, sure, but I am alive.

So I don't think coffee can be all that bad.

Doug