Avian Flu

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Swiss Trader

Swiss Trader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 03:22 PM

A pandemic caused by a mutated form of the avian flu virus could cause a one-year $675 billion hit to the U.S. economy, the Congressional Budget Office reported Thursday. A pandemic involving a highly virulent flu strain could produce a short-run impact on the world economy similar in depth and duration to that of an average post-war recession in the U.S., CBO found. "A nearly $700 billion hit to the economy - almost half of which is brought on by fear and confusion - gives us every reason to begin preparing a prescription and implementing a course of action," Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, R-Tenn., said in a speech unveiling the report. The CBO report assumes that a severe pandemic would infect 90 million people in the U.S., and result in two million deaths. Under this so-called severe scenario, 30% of the work force would become ill and miss at least three weeks of work. The report also makes the assumption that the avian flu would evolve to be able to be transmitted from human to human. So far the flu has only been transmitted directly from birds to humans. A roughly 50% death rate among known cases of the disease has Frist and other U.S. lawmakers extremely worried. But CBO warned in its report that whether, and how, the flu strain will change is unknown. "The virus could mutate in a way that caused a severe pandemic next year or a mild epidemic in a decade or two," CBO wrote. Likewise, the virus could change in a way to render it harmless to humans or a pandemic could occur from an entirely different virus type, CBO wrote. In his speech Thursday before the National Press Club, Frist was more certain. "A viral pandemic is no longer a question of if, but a question of when," Frist said. Frist laid out a six-point plan that he said cut the cost of such a pandemic in half. Central to his plan is a proposal that would increase what he termed the "dangerously inadequate vaccine manufacturing base." Frist proposed increasing the number of people the government suggests get annual vaccines - thus increasing vaccine manufacturer''s market base. Frist would also like to see targeted tax credits and liability protections for vaccine manufacturers, he said. -By John Godfrey, Dow Jones Newswires; 202-862-6601; John.Godfrey@dowjones.com

tLCTRQ5.jpg

#2 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 09:56 AM

Thanks for your post. Interesting.

Many will scoff at what I'm about to write ... but, I don't care (well, actually, I do care, passionately ... but, not about any naysayer opinions).

YOU do not ever have to get the bird flu or any other flu or even a cold, for that matter. We are NOT victims of viruses, bacteria, infections etc. Rather, we create an internal environment where these pathogens are able to take hold and thrive.

If the condition of your blood ... your INNER TERRAIN is healthy ... then these invading organisms cannot multiply. Think of these bugs as being like seeds that you throw on a dry carpet or a bed of fertile soil. Toss them on carpet and they cannot grow and multiply (produce disease symptoms), but toss them on fertile soil (acidity, high insulin, low oxygen levels) and you will have given them the perfect, hospitable terrain for reproduction and growth. Learn to:

1) Alkalize,
2) Oxygen-ize and be
3) Insulin wise

IF YOU UNDERSTAND THESE AND ACT ON THEM, YOU WILL REMAIN WELL - I AM CERTAIN OF IT

The above three things are mainly influenced by your
DAILY FOOD HABITS

Regrettably, most of the American population has this "fertile soil" of acidity, high insulin, low oxygen state. So, perhaps the economy will be adversely affected.

I wish you all a long and healthy life ... and happy trading.

C.C. :)

Edited by calmcookie, 09 December 2005 - 10:04 AM.

#3 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 11:02 AM

:) ------"2) Oxygen-ize and be"----- How do you do that?? mss
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#4 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 03:41 PM

MSS ... well, I'm sure you know how to "be" so I shall not go into that. Wee grammatical error. As for the "oxygenize" ...

Patients in hospitals are often monitored for oxygen saturation. Most are not at optimal levels of 100%. The very sick typically have saturation levels below 90, even with supplemental mask or nasal cannula assistance. Palliative care patients are often below 80%.

Besides supplemental oxygen, doctors also recommend the use of incentive spirometers ... simple plastic devices that encourage DEEP breathing and provide a visual representation of how much air is being drawn into the lungs.

Remember too that all normal cells require oxygen for proper functioning ... but not cancer cells. Cancer cells are much more likely to multiply under conditions of low oxygenation.

I cannot go into many more details, but some of the simple points are:

1) Get as much FRESH air as possible

2) Learn how to deep breath on a regular basis ... most people use only a fraction of their lung capacity and an aging neurological system actually loses some ability to trigger optimal spontaneous respiration ... SO WE MUST LEARN TO BE CONSCIOUS OF DEEP BREATHING. Sounds simple, but most simply don't do it.

3) Do some form of aerobic exercise on a regular basis ... brisk walking is fine.

4) Consume an alkaline diet ... sufficient greens, sprouts, fresh food, no vinegar.

5) Consider using two or three drops of food grade, 35% Hydrogen peroxide in your drinking water (no more than once or twice a day).

5) DMSO is an interesting and highly promising substance that can assist with oxygenation ... but I cannot explain it all here ... a good book on the topic is "The DSMO Handbook." (written by an MD and RN). DMSO was once featured on 60 minutes, but it is currently banned by the FDA (I can find no good REASON for this ban and there's plenty of supportive research and evidence for its use). It can still be purchased in the U.S and is relatively cheap ... $9.00 per bottle.

I have personally used diluted DSMO with hydrogen peroxide and water to cut a cold at it's first signs and it works like a charm. A hot bath, then spraying on hydrogen peroxide and using DSMO as a carrier agent will hyperoxygenate the cells (DSMO simply carries any substance through the cell membranes). BUT BE CAREFUL IF YOU EVER TRY THIS ... NEVER USE IT AT FULL STRENGTH AND ITS BEST TO HAVE PROFESSIONAL GUIDANCE.

Learning to deep breath is a better first step.

I'll soon have my own website information, but until then, some other interesting points can be found here:

http://www.breathing...n-therapies.htm

Long life to all, C.C. :)

Edited by calmcookie, 10 December 2005 - 03:49 PM.

#5 Swiss Trader

Swiss Trader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 07:11 AM

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10772228/

....hhhmmmm

I am seriously worried

Albert

tLCTRQ5.jpg