KKD

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Jnavin

Jnavin

• TT Member*
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 08:35 PM

KKD. Hiker and I both discovered that we like this chart -- about a week ago. Now, Chartsmarts has gone bullish on it. The narrowing range, the sideways tilt and then, the hammer on Friday.

I hate the company as well, but this is where TA comes through.

#2 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 08:38 PM

hey John - I have been long since near the swing low....I liked the entry then because the downside risk was manageable with a reasonably tight stop. We'll see how it goes from the current pattern....it could go either way in my opinion. I have not been adding to the position since the original entry....this remains a highly speculative play in my op.

It does not have the benefit of a sector trend like the uranium miners and explorers, the drillers, or the coal stocks, or construction and mining equip and machinery.....I still think sector trend is one of the key criteria for owning a stock.

Edited by hiker, 16 January 2006 - 08:42 PM.

#3 Jnavin

Jnavin

• TT Member*
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 08:39 PM

Yes. It'll depend, I think, on how the market as a whole does Tuesday and Wednesday.

#4 Jnavin

Jnavin

• TT Member*
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 12:55 PM

Stopped out...

#5 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 02:09 PM

Stopped out...

Good short then?
It is not the doing that is difficult, but the knowing

It's the illiquidity, stupid !

#6 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 02:16 PM

greenie - KKD is currently a turnaround play...with a turnaround executive currently at the helm. And financial restatement is in-play. from 12/13 - Krispy Kreme sees bigger impact - Reuters (KKD) 5.92 : Reuters reports that Krispy Kreme on Monday said adjustments to its financial statements from 2001 through most of 2005 would reduce earnings by $35.1 million, an increase from the company's previous estimate. The company also said it would delay filing its third- quarter results with regulators, but expected to post a net loss for the period due to high legal and other costs, as well as a fall-off in sales at its doughnut shops. Krispy Kreme, which is the target of a U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission probe into its accounting, in August forecast that restatements would cut earnings by about $25.6 million. The doughnut chain disclosed the change in a regulatory filing late on Monday. Krispy Kreme has not filed any financial statements since late 2004. The company's restatement stems from errors in the way it accounted for the repurchase of some franchises. The Winston-Salem, North Carolina doughnut maker is also struggling with a fall-off in sales. In Monday's filing, Krispy Kreme said sales in the quarter ended October 30 were roughly $130 million, down from about $170 million the previous year.

#7 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 02:18 PM

Thanks hiker. My comment was just based on its chart pattern and breaking out of the narrowing triangle in the lower side.
It is not the doing that is difficult, but the knowing

It's the illiquidity, stupid !

#8 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 02:25 PM

greenie - ck out BMD and XSNX and ENER for potential trading either direction depending on your preference and trade time frame.

#9 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 06:49 PM

anyone notice where IVAN (up over 50% yest and up 21% in today's regular session) is trading in after hours tonight relative to the March high.... news: from yest - Ivanhoe Energy Heavy-to-Light Oil Process Achieves Performance Goals as Commercial Tests Begin (IVAN) 1.52 : Co announced that its field- located heavy oil upgrading Commercial Demonstration Facility (CDF) in California has successfully achieved a number of important performance goals culminating in an extended run last week. IVAN will now begin testing crudes from potential partners with an initial focus on heavy crudes from California and Western Canada, including bitumen from Canada's Athabasca Tar Sands region. The CDF runs to date have successfully demonstrated a number of commercial configurations and processing alternatives, including both once-through and recycle modes of operation. A number of progressive HTL process enhancements have been validated during the CDF test program, including flue gas sulphur capture, heavy metals capture, and acidity reduction. from today in AH - Ivanhoe Energy Conference Call (IVAN) 2.87 +0.49: On call to discuss its Heavy-to-Light Oil process, mgmt says that have reached a significant milestone that should lead to significant commercial contracts w/ large heavy oil producers; mgmt says they don't know of any co that has bigger opportunity in front of then themselves; mgmt says this is the biggest development to be brought to the heavy oil market and they hope to open many doors around the world.

Edited by hiker, 18 January 2006 - 06:50 PM.

#10 Chart Guru Doug

Chart Guru Doug

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 07:58 PM

anyone notice where IVAN (up over 50% yest and up 21% in today's regular session) is trading in after hours tonight relative to the March high....

news:

from yest -

Ivanhoe Energy Heavy-to-Light Oil Process Achieves Performance Goals as Commercial Tests Begin (IVAN) 1.52 : Co announced that its field- located heavy oil upgrading Commercial Demonstration Facility (CDF) in California has successfully achieved a number of important performance goals culminating in an extended run last week. IVAN will now begin testing crudes from potential partners with an initial focus on heavy crudes from California and Western Canada, including bitumen from Canada's Athabasca Tar Sands region. The CDF runs to date have successfully demonstrated a number of commercial configurations and processing alternatives, including both once-through and recycle modes of operation. A number of progressive HTL process enhancements have been validated during the CDF test program, including flue gas sulphur capture, heavy metals capture, and acidity reduction.

from today in AH -

Ivanhoe Energy Conference Call (IVAN) 2.87 +0.49: On call to discuss its Heavy-to-Light Oil process, mgmt says that have reached a significant milestone that should lead to significant commercial contracts w/ large heavy oil producers; mgmt says they don't know of any co that has bigger opportunity in front of then themselves; mgmt says this is the biggest development to be brought to the heavy oil market and they hope to open many doors around the world.

Hiker
What is the last trade you show in after hours?
I just bought some at 3.12 but the chart I am looking at showed 3.46 and so did the naz site...?
I am not your registered investment advisor. This is not a recomendation to buy or sell. This is my opinion and that is all. I may be long or short any security and change my position at any given moment in time. Do your own due diligence before investing any of your own financial assets.