Photo

ALKALIZE - explanation. How PH affects HEALTH.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 10:35 PM

CC, on the few drops of 3% hydrogen peroxide -- does this actually have an akalyzing effect in the end? I may be totally wrong, and I'm thinking based on stuff read a very long time ago, but seems to me that the acidic environment of the stomach would quickly neutralize it. If the the body tries to maintain a given acidity in the stomach, would it not just secrete more of the chemicals that react with the peroxide? Or is that an intent and considered a benefit? Thanks, Doug

#12 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 11:03 PM

CC, on the few drops of 3% hydrogen peroxide -- does this actually have an akalyzing effect in the end?

I may be totally wrong, and I'm thinking based on stuff read a very long time ago, but seems to me that the acidic environment of the stomach would quickly neutralize it. If the the body tries to maintain a given acidity in the stomach, would it not just secrete more of the chemicals that react with the peroxide? Or is that an intent and considered a benefit?

Thanks,

Doug

Hi Doug,

You raise an interesting point about stomach acidity. It's commonly understood that stomach acid helps to break down food, but few realize that the stomach responds to different foods by secreting varying levels of acid. About 70% of your immune system lies within your digestive tract, and a high acid environment has been shown to diminish natural killer cells and specific types of lymphocytes (your bodies defence against illness). 3% Hydrogen peroxide is just a mild antiseptic and plays a minimal role in alkalinity. It's real value is antiseptic, but I have lumped it under alkalizing (until I find a better place to categorize it :) ). Thank you for pointing that out.

Best, C.C.

Edited by calmcookie, 13 February 2006 - 11:06 PM.

#13 Echo

Echo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 12:41 AM

Cookie, Since the stomach is extremely acidic, dietary consumption of acidic/alkaline substances should not affect the acidity of the body. Secondly, the acidity in the bloodstream which bathes all our cells is tightly regulated by the kidneys and lungs. Anything that upsets that systems gets neutralized unless the kidneys and lungs can't do their job. The pH will always correct towards 7.40 Echo

#14 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 09:28 AM

Cookie,

Since the stomach is extremely acidic, dietary consumption of acidic/alkaline substances should not affect the acidity of the body. Secondly, the acidity in the bloodstream which bathes all our cells is tightly regulated by the kidneys and lungs. Anything that upsets that systems gets neutralized unless the kidneys and lungs can't do their job. The pH will always correct towards 7.40

Echo

I respectfully disagree. I have, over time, observed ph lab results in hundreds of hospital patients and the idea that "ph always corrects toward 7.4" without intervention, is simply not true.