• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 11:59 AM

Monday was only the second intraday break of the 20 day ema and the first close below since late October...now above in today's action.

downtrend line has formed on the daily with a declining volume trend....note current price relative to the rising bottoms trendline on the daily or weekly.

bullish daily 5 vs. 21 ema crossover has remained in play since Oct., with the current price action representing the 3rd serious crossover test during the period.

http://stockcharts.com/gallery/gv?DBRN

note the $37.50-38 support area.

value of the weekly PSAR buy is $40.37...note the weekly macd

may want to be alert for a future upside test or break of the downtrend.

DBRN has been among the consistent trending stocks in the retail apparel sector.. weekly rising trend channel remains unbroken since April '05

#2 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 12:28 PM

Hi there hiker, What do you think of RACK? G.
It is not the doing that is difficult, but the knowing

It's the illiquidity, stupid !

#3 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 01:12 PM

G - do not have much to say about RACK yet until I take the time to study it more..interesting 8-day pattern with the 38.46 new high remaining above....what is volume trend saying? $35 is an area of interest. Sorry I am not looking at it in more detail right now. What do you think? note the 20 ema on the 5-min representing support for much of the last 2 days...may give an early signal here if weakness continues...but will need to look at other time frames and indicators to avoid whipsaw...also note the macd and PSAR on various timeframes.

Edited by hiker, 14 February 2006 - 01:17 PM.

#4 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 01:24 PM

G - do not have much to say about RACK yet until I take the time to study it more..interesting 8-day pattern with the 38.46 new high remaining above....what is volume trend saying? $35 is an area of interest. Sorry I am not looking at it in more detail right now. What do you think?

Testing the high with a much lower momemtum. If it turns down, I am expecting a good short down to ~35. with stop just above breakout point. OTOH, if it breaks out (less like IMO), I will go long.
It is not the doing that is difficult, but the knowing

It's the illiquidity, stupid !

#5 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 02:03 PM

most of my trading $ today are in:

AAPL long from the open..note 67.36-.60 resistance zone.

DBRN long from yesterday's move below the 20 ema

BRCM short for a while now

Leaving WFMI alone for now because the latest intraday range does not excite me about volume entry or exit when comparison shopping with other plays.

I am purposely taking a rest from the study required to trade my usual style. So am much less up to date with a large no. of stocks...staying focused on just a few for now.

Edited by hiker, 14 February 2006 - 02:07 PM.

#6 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 02:58 PM

68.10 hod for AAPL have closed all longs AAPL, DBRN...closed BRCM short a while ago today. Daytrading some others into final hour.

#7 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 07:12 PM

first bearish crossover since Oct. of the daily 5 vs. 21 ema's... 8/34 ema bullish crossover remains in play.

first weekly PSAR sell since Oct....daily PSAR now also on a sell.

the daily 20 sma represented resistance much of the last two weeks, and the 20 ema represented resistance on Friday.

note price relative to the support trendline on the daily and weekly charts.

$42-42.50 is an area of interest on the chart....the 50 day sma is just below at $41.89...the most recent Point and Figure chart breakout was signaled on the move to $42.00, which is now being tested and any sustained downside will represent a breakout failure (so far all we have is a 3-box PnF reversal, which is customary price behavior until it becomes more) -

http://stockcharts.com/gallery/?dbrn

DBRN internals looking weak while these apparel retailers made new 52-wk highs on Friday -

Apparel (ANN, CBK, JCP, NICH, ZUMZ)

analyst comments are an fyi only -

2/27 - Dress Barn tgt raised to $50 from $48 at Roth Capital- firm says channel checks reinforce mgmt's upbeat tone at investor conference (DBRN) 44.03

1/11 - Dress Barn downgraded to Hold from Buy at Matrix (DBRN) 41.03

1/11 - JP Morgan downgrades Dress Barn (DBRN 41.03) to Neutral from Overweight, as they remain positive on fundamentals yet cite valuation, tougher comparisons and optimistic street sentiment as concerns.