• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 02:02 PM

Okay, it is my humble opinion ... and I'm sure this will anger some, but I think this doctor is a great patient advocate. He is brave enough to tell it like it is ... and the things he talks about ... well, I have also seen, with my own eyes, and heard with my own ears. I have learned, from over 20 years in the conventional medical system, that he is right on target. Passively accepting medical "advice" (or any advice ... trading too :-) is a recipe for disaster. Obviously, there are plenty of good doctors ... but the system of incentives stinks ... and as long as that's the case ... consumer beware. C.C.

Edited by calmcookie, 07 March 2006 - 02:08 PM.

#2 snorkels4

snorkels4

bad guy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 10:51 PM

yep! :(
Andy House, Texas Man, Accidentally Drives 2006 Bugatti Veyron Into Salt Marsh

http://www.zimbio.co...Veyron Crashing

#3 maineman

maineman

maineman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 10:59 PM

"Obviously, there are plenty of good doctors ... but the system of incentives stinks ... and as long as that's the case ... consumer beware"

Could you tell me what you mean by this? I've been in practice for 20 years, Board Certified in my specialty, Chief at a big hospital, etc.etc. and have never gotten any "incentives" that you keep talking about (other than some really good cinammon buns a woman bought in the other day because we were so helpful to her while her husband was dying).

Can you clarify your statement?

thanks,

maineman
He who laughs laughs laughs laughs.

My Blog -Maineman Market Advice

#4 maineman

maineman

maineman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 08:24 AM

"The greatest threat of childhood diseases lies in the dangerous and ineffectual efforts made to prevent them through mass immunization.....There is no convincing scientific evidence that mass inoculations can be credited with eliminating any childhood disease." This is but one of the "Great" quotes from the "Great" Dr. Mendelsohn. Innumerable childhood deaths were associated with this advice. He was one of the biggest quacks of the 20th century. He was a liar and a showman and played right into the small minded fears of the most vulnerable people on our planet - the women who need to see doctors early in their lives for preventive screening (cervical cancer, breast cancer detection) and young mothers, worried about their new babies. He LIED to them and pursuaded many NOT to get check ups, NOT to get mammograms, NOT to get childhood immunizations. The whooping cough epidemic in Great Britain 20 years ago was felt to be due directly to his "advice". The measles outbreak in Philadelphia was also his "legacy". LUCKILY the man died at age 61 in 1988. UNFORTUNATELY his books are still in print. He was a mass murderer.
He who laughs laughs laughs laughs.

My Blog -Maineman Market Advice