The Green Drink.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 10:55 PM

I chanced to be in an establishment today, and wonder of wonders -- they featured the green drink.

I allowed as I might hesitatingly partake of one, merely on a tentatively trial basis, mind you. Begorrah! It wasn't all that perdition-inducingly bad. The innkeeper (a fairly brutish lout, (bleedin' typical) if you ask me) petitioned me to assay another trial volume, and I acquiesced. That led to a third, primarily to keep me within the innkeeper's good graces.

At this time I suspicioned that there might really be something to this deal, so I bravely elected to continue. Old man Mahoney came in and sat beside me. We talked for a bit, and I inquired after his wife. He said that just the last week she had one night gotten a strange look in her eyes, and dropped over dead. I gave him my great sorrow and condolences, and asked if she had said anything before she died. "She spoke without interruption for nearly forty five years," said Mahoney.

And so it went, and after a courageous, fair, balanced, statistically significant study, I can judge without reservation, in fact I can state that by God the green drink is good indeed.

Best,

Seamus.