• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 01:02 PM

I once worked as an RN in the Intensive Care unit, Wollongong Hospital, near Sydney Australia. There was a wonderful neurosurgeon there who was both skilled and kind (unusual combination :) ). Families always responded well to this man because his explanations were delivered in plain english. I never heard him use trendy or complicated medical terms. I once told him how thankful families were for his clear and compassionate communication. He responded: "People who use big words and complicated medical jargon are usually hiding behind their own insecurity. No need to hide, if you're being honest." I never forgot that comment because I now see so many young physicians using big words and convoluted expressions when speaking to family members in hospitals. It's the BS baffles brains approach. I suppose it intimidates most people and they then fear asking questions ... can save physicians a lot of time and boost feelings of inadequacy amongst those doctors who have little respect for themselves or others. Bottom line ... when someone has to use big words ... no matter WHAT profession they're in ... be wary of their honesty. Best to all, C.C.

Edited by calmcookie, 31 March 2006 - 01:09 PM.

#2 maineman

maineman

maineman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 02:28 PM

Your persipacity in re: the patois of the pretentious physician is incontrovertible, but your supercilious dogma in re: salubrity make you sound nescient. maineman
He who laughs laughs laughs laughs.

My Blog -Maineman Market Advice

#3 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 06:40 PM

:lol: :D :lol: I rest my case. And wish us all the ability to laugh and take ourselves less seriously ... me included. Peace, good health and a long life to you, Mainman ... and whoever else is reading this. C.C.

Edited by calmcookie, 31 March 2006 - 06:41 PM.