8 replies to this topic

#1 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 10:33 AM

:)
A smaller account for people who do not like to trade often. It has done well and proves that if you do your home work and watch your daily and weekly "EMA's" you can do fairly good. B)

Posted Image

THIS IS A REAL ACCOUNT.
:cat:

ps: ChartSmarts eat your heart out :D

Edited by mss, 11 April 2006 - 10:35 AM.

WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#2 Jnavin

Jnavin

• TT Member*
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 08:18 PM

Mighty fine work, Mss. That's what it's all about. Has George Soros called yet? What made you decide to hold on for such a long time, rather than take profits? How much longer do you plan on holding? What are your targets or are you playing it by ear?

#3 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 06:52 AM

Mighty fine work, Mss. That's what it's all about. Has George Soros called yet?
What made you decide to hold on for such a long time, rather than take profits?
How much longer do you plan on holding? What are your targets or are you playing it by ear?

> Has George Soros called yet?<
.... he wont pay for advice.

> What made you decide to hold on for such a long time, rather than take profits? <

You need to know that I am 80% position trader, 10% core, 5% stupid, 5% cash, and those numbers are not set in concert. :)
I am a strong "drum beater" for the use of EMA's as a system for buying and holding equities. The 5, 8, 21, 34 ema cross overs work well for me using weekly charts. Use them also on daily, but trade differently. On core and position trading I use the 55 ema for PRICE breaks.
Four of the six did not trip SELL by my rules. CCJ is a stock that I have scattered every where and here it is a NO trade unless 55 ema price fails. GNI is a stock all by itself, "the only one" to own in it's field, plus it has a great dividend from time to time.

> How much longer do you plan on holding? What are your targets or are you playing it by ear? <

My thinking on these is that anything "in the ground" will be good for a long time. Why loose sleep trying to get every penny from the good ones. I do have loose trailing stops, however. Also trade a couple in other accounts when I have time to play. As an "old timer" I learned to fly a plane by the "seat of my pants" and sometimes I trade the same way. B)
As long as they remain within the guide lines they are a go.

Take a look at some of my "suggestions" posted here from say last November and note how they have done based on the system above.
The very best to you,
mss
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.

#4 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 01:24 AM

mss - one of your "suggestions" had a 10% gain today:

http://stockcharts.com/gallery/gv?btu

new historic high on declining weekly volume trend

so where is the clapping?

Edited by hiker, 19 April 2006 - 01:26 AM.

#5 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 06:00 AM

mss - one of your "suggestions" had a 10% gain today:

http://stockcharts.com/gallery/gv?btu

new historic high on declining weekly volume trend

so where is the clapping?

No clapping because it was a - dull money making - no sweat heart pounding - swinger. :D :D
There are some great ones out there for us "old slow dull traders" just care free living. B)
:cheer: & :clap: for the :cat:
got to have a little fun now and then, best to you and thanks for all your suggestions, mss

#6 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 01:42 PM

18% for the week so far is not bad! I realize you may have been in this one a long time, so 18% is nothin'

http://stockcharts.com/gallery/?BTU

note channel resistance on the weekly..and the weekly channel support since 2003

Edited by hiker, 19 April 2006 - 01:43 PM.

#7 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 02:02 PM

btu even beats cme based on % gain over the same time frame since 2003..see weekly chart..close anyway, since I am only eyeballing this now:

http://stockcharts.com/gallery/?cme

4.50 area to 60.94 for BTU vs. something like 48 to 501 for CME

Edited by hiker, 19 April 2006 - 02:06 PM.

#8 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 02:58 PM

:) There are a few like it :D that have been absolute CASH COWS :wub: Have you noticed LUFK? The lull for KKD is about over I think.B) mss I'll let this one go @ 80+

Edited by mss, 19 April 2006 - 03:05 PM.

#9 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 02:48 PM

Well a sell out of some will start soon as stops have been raised to 4-7% from closing price 4/21/06 on each stock.
This is the last up date to be posted on this portfolio.

Posted Image

Edited by mss, 22 April 2006 - 02:49 PM.