• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 10:23 PM

over 300% move since the PnF breakout last summer....much higher long term return if the May '05 purchase was made when Longbow recommended TIE as best of breed in the titanium sector. TIE price action has accelerated since the announcement of the new electron beam faciility to become operational down the road with capacity for product applications that TIE cannot currently produce....Yeah I have been back in on the most recent move above last weeks initial new historic high.....just keeping buying the new highs is what folks are doing...little supply of stock in the entire sector, and TIE is one of the only pure plays. We'll see...how do you define parabolic? What about BTU lately...another best of breed.

Edited by hiker, 02 May 2006 - 10:24 PM.

#12 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 07:45 AM

..little supply of stock in the entire sector, and TIE is one of the only pure plays. We'll see...how do you define parabolic? What about BTU lately...another best of breed.

"...another best of breed."
This may very well be the "safe" way to play the markets for the next several years. Look back at your real money makers over the last 2.5 years. Something to keep in mind.
Best to all, mss
:cat:
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#13 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 08:13 AM

mss - what is considered the best of breed in railroad sector??...it seems there are several since the geography served is unique. RAIL is obviously the best of breed in that industry as the car builder....as demonstrated by price action since the IPO...You still holding onto RAIL?...I have not yet let go of it since the first and only swing trade last summer, and added into 6 mos. ago till the maximum single stock allocation size was achieved. What do you consider best of breed in biotech if interested? And in bird flu plays? PM miners? Assume CCJ is your pick in uranium? I consider UEX.TO as the pick for explorers tho' EMC.V is right up there. for machinery & heavy equip - MTW and JOYG? or CAT, TEX???

Edited by hiker, 03 May 2006 - 08:20 AM.

#14 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 08:32 AM

:) On a short time crunch here and will give more later.My thoughts: RAIL CSX, CP, BNI,UNP,NSC, CNI, ( in order of choice, own some of all at the present) CAT CCJ, UEX.TO PTRY LUFK BTU, ACI UPL, CHK, BHP KKD (in time) No biotech or bird flu at present Sent you a e*mail Best to you, more later, mss :cat:
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#15 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 09:26 AM

Holy Freighttrains, Batman! Nothing goes up forever, except a few things, but TIE has sure gone up a lot. Congratulations to all who rode or are riding it. Whew.... Doug

#16 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 10:09 AM

cross link to some of the better trenders since last summer .,.this is a simple tracking to demonstrate what happens long-term from Point & Figure chart breakouts...I have been posting this info. since May 2005 but have stopped adding new breakouts, since it is the long-term track record sampling is all that is intended..it will be most interesting in 2007/2008 to see where some of these reside in price.....note that most are now over 10% below the 52-wk high - consolidation or reversal is the question now. TIE leads the gainer list in this group -

http://forums.techni...post?id=1054183

I currently have core positions in 7 of these.

Edited by hiker, 03 May 2006 - 10:10 AM.

#17 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 11:55 AM

Metals, precious metals, minerals, uranium, energy -- so many big uptrends going on. No time to be top-picking, in my opinion. Tell you what -- I'm mighty glad I was reading the Traders-Talk boards in 2004 and 2005 -- lots of gems have been found here.

I remember Hiker talking about uranium over two years ago. MSS, SilentOne, Jabba too -- and IMO there is much more to come. Is the trend over with? Doesn't look like it to me. I think that oil and gas issues are probably farther along their bull market roads than are gold stocks and uranium stocks.

TIE is up 270% from last September when people were talking about it here.

Those uranium stocks from "long ago" here at TT, the usual suspects CCJ, FRG, UEX.TO, SXR.TO, MGA.V, ASX.V, LAM.V, UVN.V, PDN.TO are up an average of 590%. And I don't mean measuring from the low tick for the year or month to the all-time-high, I mean from buying them when they were mentioned to the price right now.

John Q. Public knows about high oil prices. He's been hearing about gold, but I don't think he's anywhere near "all in" yet. "Uranium, what's that?"

One thing that infuriated me:

Posted Image

http://www.traders-t...3463&hl=Paladin

"I own Paladin and was trying to buy a lot more -- it traded to within 7 cents of my price. Sheesh."

I had a big order in to buy at $1.44. Come on -- it "should" have broken under that psychological $1.50 level and shook some people out.... :blush:

That day (the vertical red bar) was the low price for the month, but I did buy the next day just over $1.58. Another good time to load up came in December. I'm still holding all those uranium stocks except CCJ. IMO this is "sit tight" time, even despite all my glad-handing and back-patting.

:redbull: until I see strong confirmation it's not.

Doug

#18 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 01:38 PM

btw, have my finger on the trigger to close out nearly 90% of longs in all sectors (and go flat, not short yet)...watching the next few closes and the NYSE a/d etc....McClellan stuff, etc. . not top picking exit...simply watching money flow and the related indicators. Just fairness in posting since this thread is not intended to encourage folks to buy the top or stay too long... the time may be drawing near...my current exit strategy is to not wait for a break of the lower rising trend channel line-in-the-sand to sell. Note the risk measurement to the blue bullish support line on the PnF chart for all the stocks mentioned....risk is increasing. Back to lurking...just fairness in disclosure.... I closed out all but 5% of TIE long on this intraday rally today...this is the second exit in two weeks.

Edited by hiker, 03 May 2006 - 01:40 PM.

#19 bobalou

bobalou

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 04:41 AM

I wish, I knew how to play.the new .com s :angry:

#20 Jnavin

Jnavin

• TT Member*
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 08:01 PM

Bobalou, I understand what you're saying, but the analogy doesn't quite fit. The dot coms stocks of the late 90's were a brand new sector entirely. They had never existed before. The stocks mentioned in this thread have been around for many years and represent old-line businesses from decades ago. I wouldn't want you to walk away from this thread without considering the significance of the differences.