8 replies to this topic

#1 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 07:09 AM

http://stockcharts.c...2953&r=4927.png
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#2 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 08:07 AM

Nice, Scott. I've noticed that you often use bar charts, and I like that -- we see so many candlestick charts, and while IMO they are a good method of market interpretation, I think the Open High Low Close bars are too. It's much the same thing but after all the years my eyes are used to those bars. Best, Doug

#3 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 08:25 AM

Still trying.
http://stockcharts.c...79839&r=198.png

It wont post ALL the chart. Cuts off after one block below.
:cat:

Edited by mss, 11 May 2006 - 08:26 AM.

WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.

#4 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 12:56 PM

Hi mss, Interesting that you post a chart of USO. I went long this etf last week at 66.7 and 67.8. I can see oil climbing now into the summer and then the fall sometime. I think this would be a simple play on energy. Can anyone see $100 oil sometime in the fall? cheers, john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#5 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 06:25 AM

Hey John,

I sure could see it -- oil demand and production are pretty close, and from about $40 in Dec. 2004 oil went up $30 in 8 months, to the "hurricane" high. China, India, and the rest of the "developing" world are rapidly increasing energy use, blah blah blah.

It was a disappointing move after oil broke above $70, IMO. Come on, five dollars, after that 7 or 8 month consolidation? Is that all? Long term charts look good to me so for now I'm a PatientOne here. But I ain't takin' this thing for granted.

Best,

Doug

#6 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 10:42 AM

Hi mss,

Interesting that you post a chart of USO. I went long this etf last week at 66.7 and 67.8. I can see oil climbing now into the summer and then the fall sometime. I think this would be a simple play on energy. Can anyone see $100 oil sometime in the fall?

cheers,

john

I got some on the IPO and have added a little along.
My basic "position trading" now is somewhat simple:

IF IT IS IN THE GROUND TO BE MINED AND HAS TO BE HAULED BY SOMETHING---i buy :D
and sometimes something to dig or drill with. B)

#7 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 04:08 PM

:(
This is interesting, wonder which is correct as to direction and price?? :wacko:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Anyone---

#8 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 04:27 PM

viewing the PnF's for each...I will first point out the difference, and then the similarity: Bearish pattern for USO, and bullish pattern for WTIC both currently show that supply is in control of the most recent action, and the very recent action is nothing more than a 3-box upside consolidation...until proven otherwise...note the recent d/t in play for both. I see the other differences you have highlighted, so perhaps these overall observations are helpful Best to you and yours.

Edited by hiker, 24 May 2006 - 04:27 PM.

#9 jmicou

jmicou

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 07:16 PM

The BPENER is at very low levels see chart, click here with little price erosion. Some bullish divergence on indicators starting to show up. Ideally, a little more softening with price with a turn up in the BP and the indicators could set up a nice buy. Have to see how it plays out.

regards,
jmicou