mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 08:57 PM

:)
Where to?

http://stockcharts.c...2381&r=9146.png

It took awhile, but I got it now, a full chart with all the bells and etc.

:cat:

Edited by mss, 14 May 2006 - 08:59 PM.

WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#2 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 08:01 AM

I vote for 36, in a generally cooling-off period for the stock and related issues. Long-term, I'm as bullish as ever. Doug

#3 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 02:53 PM

CCJ punched briefly below $37, and there may yet be another leg down to come. Who knows? Usually, when I figure that way and put in buy orders down where it "should" go, it doesn't get there -- that's the way these bullish beasts have been for a couple years now. Some of the junior uranium stocks have gotten hit pretty hard in the last month or two, and today I've been loading up on more of the ones I like best. Spent about 60% of the money I've allotted for it. If we get another shot to the downside, I'm "all in" right there. Spot price of uranium keeps going up. $42.75 last I saw for uranium oxide. It was $40 just a month or two ago. Best, Doug

#4 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 03:11 PM

Doug - thanks for the uranium sector updates...

RE: CCJ - interesting that today's low tested the 50 sma...

http://stockcharts.com/gallery/?CCJ

the PnF chart remains in a bearish pattern, and a 3-box upward reversal is currently in play until it becomes more than consolidation behavior

today's volume looks fairly good considering the close within striking distance of the day's high

Edited by hiker, 16 May 2006 - 03:12 PM.

#5 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 07:27 AM

Looking at weekly and monthly trend lines it looks as if CCJ could do quite a bit more downside and still be bullish. I'm not an Ewaver but I'd say A or 1 to the downside may be done, but C down may take it quite a bit further. As someone who is presenlty out of ccj I'd most likely wait for a return to to those long term trend lines before I tried to go long again. It's the old problem of how do you get on if you missed the train? I took a chunk out of CCJ awhile back, I can wait to do it again.
In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~

#6 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 07:34 AM

:) Did you guys notice that my big CCJ chart above is updating daily?? :D :cat:
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#7 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 07:36 AM

:)
Did you guys notice that my big CCJ chart above is updating daily?? :D
:cat:

You know, it's a strange thing, but if you were to (god forbid) pass away, your charts would just keep updating! Laugh. It'd be almost like you were here!

#8 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 07:39 AM

MSS,

I'm looking at charts of CCJ and I dont' know what the heck I was talking about on Friday morning? Maybe I had a wrong chart, I should have posted whatever I was seeing because now I'm not seeing it. Your post may have been quite a bit more "timely" than I had thought.

I'm going to try a put a chart below. What I'm seeing is that the support band that CCJ bounce off of on Friday holds or we may indeed see a long drop down to that much flater trend/support line.

What I'm most likely going to do is put in a buy stop on CCJ just above Fridays high and see if it hits. And my stop loss will be below the support line to start with. Either it bounces here and works out or I'll stop out beneath the trend line and try again later, possibly at that next support line way down below. I might add that this is going to one of several buy stops I'm placing today that will do the same thing, play a signficant trend line using a buy stop above Fridays high and using a stop loss if that buy hits just below the trend.

Posted Image